News on Owl Farm, Johnny mentions

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:30 pm

This should be a link to a piece I caught on NPR yesterday, interesting news concerning Hunter's Owl Farm estate. There are a few references to Johnny in the piece.

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/31/547646688 ... s-war-room
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:16 pm

Hard to believe it's been a decade that Hunter's been gone.

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:59 pm

I like the idea that half of Owl Farm will be museum (I'd visit!), and the other half will be a place where "writers and musicians can work on long term projects". I could easily see Johnny doing some recording there, I might even bet on it. And if he ever decides to try a book of some sort, I could see him coming to Owl Farm for that too. I'm sure all kinds of musicians would be keen on the idea of recording there. I wonder how much of those 800 boxes of purchased archives Johnny's made it through...
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

Return to “News & Views”