New Dior Campaign

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Ade

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby Ade » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:18 pm

I completely agree but she also did herself no favours. Whilst she has a few radicals on her side, she hasn't exactly enhanced her own reputation. As horrible as it is for us to see people write things like 'abuser' on social media relating to Johnny, remember that according to all of the electronic surveys of social media use which have been done- the majority of content still favours him not her. She on the other hand does get lambasted and there was a real backlash when she spoke out on domestic violence for example - given that 'her experience' was as an arrested abuser rather than victim! And whilst it is really awful and I think often libellous what people say - it has also galvanised a lot of support for him. So there was so-called backlash against him in the Dior campaign followed by several tidal waves of support.

sleepy
JDZ Founder

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby sleepy » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:56 pm

It will also be interesting to see how how her career goes. She was cast in that Aqua Man movie before she was divorced. That thing that was just released (I DO Until I Don't) which she has a small part was most likely filmed before divorce, too.
As far as I know, she hasn't been cast in anything since the break-up.
Funny ol' world, innit?

jruoss

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby jruoss » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:23 pm

sleepy wrote: In this case, "silence" did him no favors. It's Johnny's call, if he ever chooses to discuss the fallout. Which of course he won't.

But could you really see Johnny engaging in a public battle of he said she said right after he's had his heart broken? His actions, via his lawyers, were his words. I'm not sure that him giving quotes to the media about the situation would have made any difference. It may have just made him appear to be stooping to her level, something he's refused to do through all of this. It would be nice if someday he could talk publicly about this marital disaster, but legally he doesn't want to give her any ammunition, so it might be awhile, if ever.
But of course you have to remember, the people who take Amber's side in this weren't and aren't interested in hearing Johnny's side, and don't and probably never will know much about him. Like I said once before, the worst part of this is that people who don't yet know any better could grow up thinking the SJWs are right about Johnny. The hazards of being part of the current human species.
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

brunasouzota

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby brunasouzota » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:52 pm

jruoss wrote:
sleepy wrote: In this case, "silence" did him no favors. It's Johnny's call, if he ever chooses to discuss the fallout. Which of course he won't.

But could you really see Johnny engaging in a public battle of he said she said right after he's had his heart broken? His actions, via his lawyers, were his words. I'm not sure that him giving quotes to the media about the situation would have made any difference. It may have just made him appear to be stooping to her level, something he's refused to do through all of this. It would be nice if someday he could talk publicly about this marital disaster, but legally he doesn't want to give her any ammunition, so it might be awhile, if ever.
But of course you have to remember, the people who take Amber's side in this weren't and aren't interested in hearing Johnny's side, and don't and probably never will know much about him. Like I said once before, the worst part of this is that people who don't yet know any better could grow up thinking the SJWs are right about Johnny. The hazards of being part of the current human species.

He's had his heart broken? Really? I think he have much fun in these days in Hollywood Vampires tour. :guitar:

jruoss I realized us get here in zone in same days or near days. :-)
:heart4: Johnny is my life forever. :kiss: :hug2: :twohearts:

Larkwoodgirl

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby Larkwoodgirl » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:29 pm

Maybe what Johnny would do for love is to remain silent. :sherlockholmes:
""We shall never cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." T.S. Eliot

sleepy
JDZ Founder

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby sleepy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 am

Larkwoodgirl wrote:Maybe what Johnny would do for love is to remain silent. :sherlockholmes:

That may very well be true.
Funny ol' world, innit?

Gitane

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby Gitane » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:37 am

Larkwoodgirl wrote:Maybe what Johnny would do for love is to remain silent. :sherlockholmes:

What a wonderful thought :rosegirl:
I'm impossible to forget, but I'm hard to remember :cheers:

justintime

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby justintime » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:47 pm

You're a genius, Larkwoodgirl! Sure seems to fit . . .
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

nebraska

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby nebraska » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:10 pm

That is beautiful!

meeps

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby meeps » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:32 am

I love that Johnny is still including among those, who gets to ask the question - that not everybody bought Ms Heard's sob story :love:
And looking at him I think of the many things, he does for love; taking care of and watching over his children - helping his friends every way, he can - taking a lot of time to talk to and hug his 'bosses' - making sick children and their parents smile - making movies, which makes us all smile and think - I am sure, he does more for love :cloud9: But that is what comes to mind right now :truefan:

Chocolat

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby Chocolat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:17 pm

meeps wrote:I love that Johnny is still including among those, who gets to ask the question - that not everybody bought Ms Heard's sob story :love:
And looking at him I think of the many things, he does for love; taking care of and watching over his children - helping his friends every way, he can - taking a lot of time to talk to and hug his 'bosses' - making sick children and their parents smile - making movies, which makes us all smile and think - I am sure, he does more for love :cloud9: But that is what comes to mind right now :truefan:

Well said, meeps. :goodvibes:
That's just who he is.... genuine.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Sweeney Todd

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:26 am

:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

Ade

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby Ade » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:21 am

Wow thanks for posting that - what a beautiful picture. Happy Friday!

gipsyblues

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby gipsyblues » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:54 am

Sweeney Todd :thankyou: !!! :flashingheart: I love him and I love this pic !!! :smiliewithhearts: :chocolat: :lovedrunk:

Jackslady

New Dior Campaign

Unread postby Jackslady » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Beautiful picture. Love him. :flashingheart:
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*

Return to “News & Views”