P5 Blu Ray

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
jdfan

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby jdfan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:01 pm

It was just announced at the Disney23 event. Digital 9/19, Blue Ray 10/3.
Last edited by jdfan on Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm cooler online-Brad Paisley

SnoopyDances

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:08 pm

:thanks!:

jdfan

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby jdfan » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:19 pm

:cool:

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby Theresa » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:00 pm

October will be here before we know it! :heartbeat:

Chocolat

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby Chocolat » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:31 pm

:thankyou: :captainjack: :goodvibes:
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

sparralet

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby sparralet » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:14 am

Jackslady

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby Jackslady » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Do these dates apply to the UK as well?
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby Theresa » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:26 pm

Pirates of the Caribbean Digital HD, 4K Ultra and Blu-ray release announced

From Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer Films, it was announced at D23 Expo, that Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales — the fifth film in the now-iconic Pirates of the Caribbean film franchise — will sail home on Digital in HD and 4K Ultra HD on September 19, and on 4K Ultra HD/Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on October 3.

BLU-RAY & DIGITAL in HD:
Dead Men Tell More Tales: The Making of a New Adventure – Get unique access into the making of this exciting new “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie with this collection of revealing and entertaining stories that you can view individually or as a “play all.”

– A Return to the Sea – Two talented filmmakers, Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, team up to bring “Pirates of the Caribbean” back to the screen. Hear how this new chapter of the tale was developed.

– Telling Tales: A Sit-down with Brenton & Kaya – Meet Brenton Thwaites and Kaya Scodelario, the young actors behind Henry and Carina. The two sit down together for a revealing conversation on becoming a part of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise and its continuing legacy.

– The Matador & The Bull: Secrets of Salazar & The Silent Mary – Oscar-winner Javier Bardem reveals more about his menacing new character and the foreboding ship he helms.

– First Mate Confidential – Go on-set along with Kevin McNally, the affable actor behind the feisty Mr. Gibbs, Captain Jack’s reliable first mate from all five movies.

– Deconstructing the Ghost Sharks – Peer below the depths at how these ferocious, mythical monsters were designed and brought to life.

– Wings Over the Caribbean – Captain Jack has a memorable encounter with Sir Paul McCartney – rock ‘n’ roll royalty.

– An Enduring Legacy – Take one more look at the “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” experience and the impact of “Pirates of the Caribbean” — the movies, the ride and beyond.

Bloopers of the Caribbean

Jerry Bruckheimer Photo Diary

Deleted Scenes
– Highwayman
– Henry Turner Learns a Lesson from Captain Jack
– A Whale in Poseidon’s Tomb
– Alternate Coda: Murtogg & Mullroy “Flogging”

DVD:
First Mate Confidential

gipsyblues

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby gipsyblues » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:55 am

:thanks!: :toastingpirates:

In-too-Depp

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby In-too-Depp » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:47 am

UK release date is 2nd October but the blu-ray doesn't list any extras, it just states 129mins.
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

Jackslady

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby Jackslady » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:07 am

Thanks itD! I do hope we get the extras here as well. I like the sound of the Kevin McNally feature, I love his work and the way he brought so much to Mr Gibbs' character. Was hoping for a bit more of Captain Jack, but of course there have been numerous Jack features on the other DVDs.
"Easy on the goods darlin!"
"Tis not an easy thing to be entirely happy, but to be kind is very easy, and that is the greatest measure of happiness"-John Wilmot, Earl of Rochester

*Special thanks to es for help with my lovely avatar*

jdfan

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby jdfan » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Love Kevin!!

jruoss

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby jruoss » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:49 pm

The blu-ray sounds wonderful, sure glad I made the decision to get a player a few years ago. The first 3 movies I have on DVD, and they're chock full of extras. But things have shifted so much toward blu-ray, now you get one POTC extra on DVD versus like ten extras on blu-ray... just a way of getting people to spend a little more money I suppose. :captainjack:
It's interesting to me that home releases in the UK and elsewhere often have different covers than in the U.S., sometimes even totally different titles, but I hadn't thought much about them differing in special features as well. I guess cover and title are a matter of location specific marketing, but the decision of which and how many extras to include seems more like a profit margin issue.
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

jruoss

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby jruoss » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:27 pm

Not that I'm worried about it, but has anyone else found it odd that Amazon still doesn't have this movie available for pre-order? I've seen all kinds of other home releases on amazon that could be pre-ordered like 3 months in advance. I wonder if Best Buy or someone will have some sort of exclusive bonus content again.
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

marija

P5 Blu Ray

Unread postby marija » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:49 pm

jruoss wrote:Not that I'm worried about it, but has anyone else found it odd that Amazon still doesn't have this movie available for pre-order? I've seen all kinds of other home releases on amazon that could be pre-ordered like 3 months in advance. I wonder if Best Buy or someone will have some sort of exclusive bonus content again.

Hi jruoss...I've preordered my blueray on May 29 at Amazon . I'm wondering why it doesn't work for you. If you couldn't make it I could it order for you and sent it to you :agree2: .
...it's not easy, to be different..."

Return to “News & Views”