Johnny presents his favourite movies at Glastonbury, June 22 (Videos added)

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
RamblinRebel

Unread postby RamblinRebel » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:12 am

nebraska wrote:One thing we need to remember is that Johnny Depp is very human. He has a big heart and he does many wonderful generous things. He also makes mistakes and sometimes he does foolish things. Having flaws of his own allows him to inhabit some of the characters he creates in his work. A perfect man would never be able to understand a Rochester or a Gilbert . So as controversy swirls around him, as it has the last couple of years, he is adding layers to his humanity. He is no doubt banking experience that will produce brilliance in coming films. He would be so boring if he were perfect. :loveshower:

That's a great observation. Thanks for that, nebraska.

fireflydances wrote: ... Enjoy the rebel.

Always. ;-)

brunasouzota

Unread postby brunasouzota » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:51 am

fireflydances wrote:No access to follow this thread all day. Cudos to Shaman Art and her several well written pieces, couldn't of said it better.

Johnny is always gonna be Johnny, and no one will ever convince him to be different. And us? I think of that old song,

He's a rebel and he'll never ever be any good
He's a rebel 'cause he never ever does what he should
But just because he doesn't do what everybody else does
That's no reason why I can't give him all my love

Ecetera...

Basically, with a guy like Johnny, you got to go with the flow. Sometimes he'll have to deal with the ramifications of some choice he made. Sometimes we will not want to read anything online about him for a prolonged period of time. But most of all, it will probably work better for all concerned if we accept him as he is. Enjoy the rebel.

Sorry, but you is wrong, this song don't seems Johnny, he is not the rebel cause he is a good person and he don't like this label or nickname. :biggrin:
:heart4: Johnny is my life forever. :kiss: :hug2: :twohearts:

gipsyblues

Unread postby gipsyblues » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:35 am

shaman-art from deepest hearts :agreesign: with you ! :applause2: :rosegirl:

ibbi 3

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:51 am

RamblinRebel, redrascal, shaman-art, very well said!!
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure
November is RSD/CRPS awareness month

Vanillababe

Unread postby Vanillababe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:43 am

Well I have had a few days to think it over and yes I still love Johnny. He is not perfect, none of us are. I am glad he apologized and understood the error of saying such a horrible thing. We all make mistakes. It is how you handle them and atone for them that makes a difference. Trump has NEVER apologized for some of the horrendous things he as said and done. That is why I will never support such a man.

I love you, Johnny. I wish you nothing but the best in life and I hope you can find some peace, happiness, and love again. :myheart:

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:11 pm

I understand that some people feel very upset about what he said, and that it's awful to hear people saying unfair things about Johnny but do please take a look at how much support he is getting. BuzzFeed asked people to retweet if they are NOT furious over the comment and over 78,000 have and JK Rowling's comment has over 20,000 likes.

Given his shyness I am sure he hates being the centre of attention and also the cause of division because that just doesn't seem like him, but I have a feeling that Hunter S Thompson is looking down right down, kinda enjoying this. (And that last comment isn't meant to be flip or offensive. Just that Johnny had and has some unusual friends who I hope are privately helping him keep it all in perspective.)

I also thought Alec Baldwin made a measure, sensible, supportive comment.

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Sorry got that BuzzFeed number wrong it's even better - Retweets 87,092; Likes 75,577

moviemom

Unread postby moviemom » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:18 pm

RamblinRebel wrote:
nebraska wrote:One thing we need to remember is that Johnny Depp is very human. He has a big heart and he does many wonderful generous things. He also makes mistakes and sometimes he does foolish things. Having flaws of his own allows him to inhabit some of the characters he creates in his work. A perfect man would never be able to understand a Rochester or a Gilbert . So as controversy swirls around him, as it has the last couple of years, he is adding layers to his humanity. He is no doubt banking experience that will produce brilliance in coming films. He would be so boring if he were perfect. :loveshower:

That's a great observation. Thanks for that, nebraska.

fireflydances wrote: ... Enjoy the rebel.

Always. ;-)

Agreed, nebraska and fireflydances! It's why I love this guy.
The year's no doubt, have changed me, sir. -- Sweeney Todd
My flickr page

magicmoment

Unread postby magicmoment » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:02 am

What I found disappointing the most is not his joke, but some fans who give up on him when he needs you the most.
People make mistake, like Alec Baldwin said.
From what he faced since last year, from all the drama we've been through, I think only this time that it was his own mistake.
He was accused of DV? Well, that's not his mistake. He may made a mistake for hooking up with her. But to be accused of such blatant lies is not his own mistake. He can't be held accountable for that.
He was accused of some malicious claims by TMG? Not his mistake. They just try to discredit him. His only mistake in TMG case is that he was too trusting. It's not his mistake to seek for his justice and is discredited by people who he sues.

Funny that only one mistake can make some fans give up on him.

marija

Unread postby marija » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:22 am

:signhi:
The only I want to add to this topic is that Johnny reached a goal. (if he have planned it what I don't believe ). Almost the whole world is talking about who is the bad one. I've read many comments here in Germany from obviously not Johnny fans , which all are in common that not Johnny is an idiot but Trump and his family is. Johnny is a very smart guy and people are fine with it that he apologiesed for his a bit tasteless joke . It's pretty perfect in my eyes. ..and yes...I love him exactly for this rebellious behaviour. He's a pirate after all. Thanks
...it's not easy, to be different..."

magicmoment

Unread postby magicmoment » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:56 am

marija wrote::signhi:
The only I want to add to this topic is that Johnny reached a goal. (if he have planned it what I don't believe ). Almost the whole world is talking about who is the bad one. I've read many comments here in Germany from obviously not Johnny fans , which all are in common that not Johnny is an idiot but Trump and his family is. Johnny is a very smart guy and people are fine with it that he apologiesed for his a bit tasteless joke . It's pretty perfect in my eyes. ..and yes...I love him exactly for this rebellious behaviour. He's a pirate after all. Thanks

This is exactly what happened in Thailand. (I know, small country, but we can be counted too, right?)
People understand that it was just a joke. They are okay with it, they even think it's funny and that Donald Trump Jr. is overreacting. There're all like 'well, isn't that what everyone thinks but doesn't dare enough to say it out loud?'

Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:54 am

Several LGBT groups are coming out against Donald Trump Jr for revictimizing Amber while trying to get back at Johnny. Although none of us believe he hurt her, Jr's world wide reach never heard both sides of the story. So at the very least, this may help squash Don Jr and help Johnny a bit.

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:39 pm

So, on topic for this thread, did Johnny introduce both "the Libertine" and "Dead Man" and if so, how were they received? Dead Man is one of my very favorites of his movies, and so far I haven't even heard if it was actually shown at the festival.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:46 pm

nebraska wrote:So, on topic for this thread, did Johnny introduce both "the Libertine" and "Dead Man" and if so, how were they received? Dead Man is one of my very favorites of his movies, and so far I haven't even heard if it was actually shown at the festival.

I don't know if he introduced Dead Man or not, but I do know it was shown. Gina Deuters has a picture of the movie being shown on the outdoor screen.
Last edited by Joni on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Instagram picture was removed by Gina Deuters.

redrascal1

Unread postby redrascal1 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:48 pm

magicmoment wrote:What I found disappointing the most is not his joke, but some fans who give up on him when he needs you the most.
People make mistake, like Alec Baldwin said.
From what he faced since last year, from all the drama we've been through, I think only this time that it was his own mistake.
He was accused of DV? Well, that's not his mistake. He may made a mistake for hooking up with her. But to be accused of such blatant lies is not his own mistake. He can't be held accountable for that.
He was accused of some malicious claims by TMG? Not his mistake. They just try to discredit him. His only mistake in TMG case is that he was too trusting. It's not his mistake to seek for his justice and is discredited by people who he sues.

Funny that only one mistake can make some fans give up on him.

Not me.

Return to “News & Views”