POTC 5 Box Office

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
User avatar
Blackpearl50
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 am

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby Blackpearl50 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:14 am

Lbock wrote:Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales BV $712.2
Wonder Woman sneaked by. But it's a new franchise so I expected that


Yeah, I've read a number of sites that have tried to make a big deal out of that and I just laugh. When that franchise gets to WW 5, then we can have that conversation. The Pirates franchise has been around almost 15 years. To be five films in and still pull three quarters of a billion dollars (plus some) from the latest installment speaks clearly to the popularity of this series. The very fact P5 is even competing with this trendy movie tells me all I need to know. So I consider this a badge of honor. Lets see if they can crank out five Wonder Woman films. They're just now putting out a sixth Spider-man film and that's been rebooted TWICE. As Stan Lee would say, " Nuff said." Jack Sparrow take a bow.

Lbock
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby Lbock » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:06 am

Japan still only showing two days reporting on box office mojo
Jul. 1–2 1 $9,317,972 - 0 - n/a $9,317,972 1

User avatar
Sweeney Todd
Posts: 637
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:41 pm

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:34 am

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $167,625,297 23.5%
+ Foreign: $544,959,761 76.5%
= Worldwide: $712,585,058
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

Lbock
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby Lbock » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:08 pm

Sweeney Todd wrote:Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $167,625,297 23.5%
+ Foreign: $544,959,761 76.5%
= Worldwide: $712,585,058


I wonder why there is no updates from Japan since July 2

User avatar
Blackpearl50
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 am

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby Blackpearl50 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:54 am

Lbock wrote:I wonder why there is no updates from Japan since July 2


We should have something later today. Fingers crossed Japan continues to deliver.

User avatar
Blackpearl50
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 am

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby Blackpearl50 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:39 am

Worldwide, PIRATES: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES is at $734M.
— Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) 9 July 2017

Lbock
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby Lbock » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:51 am

Blackpearl50 wrote:Worldwide, PIRATES: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES is at $734M.
— Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) 9 July 2017


And according to the chart, There has been no new numbers for any foreign markets since July 2,2017.

User avatar
Sweeney Todd
Posts: 637
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:41 pm

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:58 am

Lbock wrote:
Blackpearl50 wrote:Worldwide, PIRATES: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES is at $734M.
— Exhibitor Relations (@ERCboxoffice) 9 July 2017


And according to the chart, There has been no new numbers for any foreign markets since July 2,2017.

They'll update later.
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

User avatar
Blackpearl50
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 am

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby Blackpearl50 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:09 pm

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $168,825,297 23.0%
+ Foreign: $565,200,000 77.0%
= Worldwide: $734,025,297

I think $800 million is officially off the table. Maybe $780 million at the most. Still very, very good. Add in the DVD/blu-ray sales and this film certainly made some meaningful bank.

User avatar
bringmethathorizon
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby bringmethathorizon » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:32 pm

I was going to contribute to the box office for the 6th time today and come to find out, there is only 1 showing now and its at 10:30 pm !!! I had planned on much more viewings, so disappointed! The only other theater close enough is across the dreaded bridge under construction in Illinois, what to do, I did not have a clue that it would be cut back to 1 late night viewing so quickly. I really must see it one more time, I'm not ready for last week's viewing to be my last, I have always prepared myself for my last viewing. I must forge ahead and go 1 more time, so I can have some closure and watch it knowing it will be my last, always very emotional for me..I have cryed like a baby at every showing with this movie,it has really touched me in so many ways, so it will be hard to let go. So happy that it has done so well, awesome, magical, fantastic pirate adventure, I will hold dear to my heart forever and carry the adventures of Captain Jack to my grandkids and their kids..Now bring me that horizon...
"This is the one I'll be remembered for"
Edward D. Wood, Jr.

User avatar
Blackpearl50
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 am

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby Blackpearl50 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:56 pm

bringmethathorizon wrote:I was going to contribute to the box office for the 6th time today and come to find out, there is only 1 showing now and its at 10:30 pm !!! I had planned on much more viewings, so disappointed! The only other theater close enough is across the dreaded bridge under construction in Illinois, what to do, I did not have a clue that it would be cut back to 1 late night viewing so quickly. I really must see it one more time, I'm not ready for last week's viewing to be my last, I have always prepared myself for my last viewing. I must forge ahead and go 1 more time, so I can have some closure and watch it knowing it will be my last, always very emotional for me..I have cryed like a baby at every showing with this movie,it has really touched me in so many ways, so it will be hard to let go. So happy that it has done so well, awesome, magical, fantastic pirate adventure, I will hold dear to my heart forever and carry the adventures of Captain Jack to my grandkids and their kids..Now bring me that horizon...


Never fear my friend. This movie will be out in September for you to purchase and buy whenever you need him. That's not far away. Just stay tuned in to the others until then.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales DVD and Blu-ray release date is estimated for September 2017 and available on Digital HD from Amazon Video and iTunes is estimated for September 2017.

User avatar
Sweeney Todd
Posts: 637
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:41 pm

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Weekend Actuals:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $168,812,467 23.0%
+ Foreign: $565,930,207 77.0%
= Worldwide: $734,742,674
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

User avatar
Blackpearl50
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 am

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby Blackpearl50 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:04 am

Domestic update

BoxOffice‏ @BoxOffice 16h16 hours ago
More
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
$176,749 on Monday
$168,989,216 Total
#pirateofthecaribbean...

Lbock
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 4:43 pm

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby Lbock » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:56 am

Sweeney Todd wrote:Weekend Actuals:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $168,812,467 23.0%
+ Foreign: $565,930,207 77.0%
= Worldwide: $734,742,674


Variety posted a 22M in Japan but not included in that number above

User avatar
Blackpearl50
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:27 am

Status: Offline

POTC 5 Box Office

Unread postby Blackpearl50 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:42 am

Lbock wrote:
Sweeney Todd wrote:Weekend Actuals:

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $168,812,467 23.0%
+ Foreign: $565,930,207 77.0%
= Worldwide: $734,742,674


Variety posted a 22M in Japan but not included in that number above


Great catch! Yeah, Box office Mojo is really sliding in tallying their international numbers. That foreign number only accounts for $9.3 million of the Japan gross. So lets adjust that number and what we know from the domestic take yesterday...

Domestic - $168,989,216
International - $579,212,235
Worldwide = $748,201,451

Now that's more like I was expecting! Great job Lbock!!


Return to “News & Views”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: silvalois and 2 guests