The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby justintime » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:49 pm

I agree with RumLover here:

RumLover wrote: “. . . .Personally, I am more concerned about witnesses' personal information. Depp and Heard have experience of having their names in public. The building staff, maids, nurses etc are not public figures.”

However, I don’t think for a moment those are the people whose interests AH has in mind.

I found the following comments from Laura Bockov on Twitter to be very much on point:

I also believe AH is trying to spin this as her having concern for hers and Johnny’s (!) privacy while also slyly leaving the thought train open to wander in the direction of her possibly having some devastating evidence against Johnny not yet revealed (yeah, right, as if she’d have held off this long without selling it off to the media barracudas . . . ).
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby Judymac » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:36 pm

meeps wrote:It sounds to me (see paragraph 5) like they're still negotiating about that. So maybe it is something Johnny can agree to. Like you said, RumLover, the witnesses on both sides (if Amber has any ...) should be protected against tabloid journos, paparazzis and rabid fans as much as possible.

There is a way of protecting the personal information of the witnesses. Any personal information other than the persons name is blacked out. The term for it is redact and it is done by the courts. Amber Heard is playing games with the court system.

hollyberry

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby hollyberry » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:26 pm

Just seen two comments on Quora supporting Johnny. :loveshower:

Ruby Begonia

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:27 pm

Judge White agreed to the protective order, and it was signed by Johnny's and Turd's attorneys. I guess both sides saw a benefit.
to case documents; click on high-profile case search.

The order states submission of discovery, depositions, etc., are to be made via an electronic file sharing service. Does that stop details from being published by The Blast and downloadable from the Court's listing of motions and orders filed? The past documents are still visible at the Court site.

I just hope we don't see Turd's media friends reporting this as "Judge in Depp defamation lawsuit grants protective order on behalf of Amber Heard."

We understand that this order concerns protection of private information (documents, personal contact info), but most people think "abuse" when they hear "protective order." I doubt Turd's side will do anything to prevent or correct the perception that poor, powerless, abuse victim Amber is being physically, mentally and financially harassed by her rich, white, powerful ex-husband.

Lbock

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby Lbock » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:36 pm

I’m not a lawyer but I read that document as merely an agreement to file electronically instead of snail mail or in person to the court. And file motions between parties. They also will send interrogatories needing responses in Word to make responding easier. I think this is because so many are out of state I don’t think this agreement has anything to do with a protective order. I don’t think Depp will agree to a blanket order. I think they’ll reach some agreement on a stipulated agreement with specific guidelines. I could be wrong

RumLover

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby RumLover » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:02 pm

Lbock wrote:I’m not a lawyer but I read that document as merely an agreement to file electronically instead of snail mail or in person to the court. And file motions between parties. They also will send interrogatories needing responses in Word to make responding easier. I think this is because so many are out of state I don’t think this agreement has anything to do with a protective order. I don’t think Depp will agree to a blanket order. I think they’ll reach some agreement on a stipulated agreement with specific guidelines. I could be wrong

I, too, read it as an agreement about the process to file electronically that is unrelated to the request for secrecy. Filing electronically will make it easier and quicker for the court site to publish documents as they won't have to scan paper documents and then upload the scans. Photos should be clearer.

justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby justintime » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:34 pm

Direct link to the signed agreement :

"Stay low." ~ JD

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby Chocolat » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:55 pm

Brian has given us another excellent new video.

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

SnoopyDances

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:51 am

:thanks!: Chocolat!

gipsyblues

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby gipsyblues » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:45 am

Thank you so much, Chocolat !!! Brian videos are well researched and honest . :ok:

justintime

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby justintime » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:48 am

Another fine analysis from Mr. McPherson! Thanks so much, Chocolat, for the link.
"Stay low." ~ JD

Chocolat

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby Chocolat » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:53 am

justintime wrote:Another fine analysis from Mr. McPherson! Thanks so much, Chocolat, for the link.

You're welcome, justintime. Brian's devotion to investigating the truth is time well spent.
His never before seen video clips in the elevator of Amber Heard and friends is a huge eye opener, especially for new viewers who were not aware of her secrets. I'm curious on how he obtained those clips when in the past it was The Blast who brought them to the public, via Johnny's legal team.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Judymac

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby Judymac » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:53 pm

Chocolat wrote:Brian has given us another excellent new video.

Thank you for the link.

Amber has said that Johnny was always drunk and or high. Amber tries to act like she is a saint. She was definitely drunk or high in the one elevator video. I also love the way he documents the lack of facial bruises.

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:51 pm

RumLover wrote:
Lbock wrote:I’m not a lawyer but I read that document as merely an agreement to file electronically instead of snail mail or in person to the court. And file motions between parties. They also will send interrogatories needing responses in Word to make responding easier. I think this is because so many are out of state I don’t think this agreement has anything to do with a protective order. I don’t think Depp will agree to a blanket order. I think they’ll reach some agreement on a stipulated agreement with specific guidelines. I could be wrong

I, too, read it as an agreement about the process to file electronically that is unrelated to the request for secrecy. Filing electronically will make it easier and quicker for the court site to publish documents as they won't have to scan paper documents and then upload the scans. Photos should be clearer.

Electronic filing is a conversion that the courts in the US are going through right now. After a certain date when the court is all set up on line, all lawyers must file their documents this way. This would include complaints, responses to complaints, letters to the court, motions, exhibits to motions and other pleadings with the court. Discovery such as interrogatories (a big list of questions) are exchanged between the attorneys and not something that gets filed with the court. Attorneys ask for interrogatories in Word because it makes it easier to respond with out the need to convert a PDF to Word format and they can send it to their clients to review and fill in the answers that the lawyers do not have. Interrogatories and Request for Documents only get sent to the plaintiffs and defendants. The witnesses do not get served these documents.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

ForeverYoung

The Lawsuits Thread

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:59 pm

The agreement is mostly that both parties give their permission to serve each other with discovery requests by e-mail instead of regular mail. With so much hacking going on these days, I guess they wanted to put it on the record in case something got leaked.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Return to “News & Views”