The Lawsuits Thread

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Judymac

Re: The Lawsuits Thread

Unread post by Judymac » Thu May 16, 2019 10:07 am

:agreesign:

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Mon May 20, 2019 6:21 pm

More from the Blast - can anyone find his exact statement?

https://theblast.com/Johnny-depp-amber- ... n-lawsuit/

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Mon May 20, 2019 8:08 pm

Thanks for the update, Ade. :hatsoff:

ForeverYoung

Unread post by ForeverYoung » Mon May 20, 2019 8:17 pm

Ade wrote:More from the Blast - can anyone find his exact statement?

https://theblast.com/Johnny-depp-amber- ... n-lawsuit/
I hate to say this but the Blast doesn't always get the facts right. I really doubt those were Johnny's words in his "deposition" like they mentioned because that is lawyer talk I think they meant "declaration." Anyway, I'm glad he is finally coming out and exposing her and the lies and fighting back. :dancingpirate: :pirategunshot: :tommygun:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Chocolat

Unread post by Chocolat » Mon May 20, 2019 10:30 pm

In one instance, Depp alleged he had asked Heard to sign a post-nuptial agreement after the two had tied the knot in 2015.

“She went berserk and began throwing bottles at me,” Depp claimed. “The first bottle sailed past my head and missed, but then she threw a large glass vodka bottle.”

The actor said the bottle hit the countertop where he had his hand and caused his finger to shatter, ultimately severing his fingertip.

“I had to have 3 surgeries to reconstruct my finger and contracted MRSA three time,” he claimed. “I feared that I would lose my finger, my arm and my life.”

From PEOPLE.com:

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue May 21, 2019 2:03 am

Adam Waldman's statements are always very clear and on point. Has the number of witnesses risen though? Horrific though it is I really want to read the deposition because there may be more corroborating evidence.

In a response to Heard’s attorney, Depp’s lawyer said in a statement obtained by PEOPLE, “Here’s a scorecard on the “baseless litigation” we have brought against those who have financially or violently abused Johnny Depp: his former business managers TMG settled favorably for Mr. Depp after we exposed them as the target of multiple federal criminal investigations and their office was raided by the FBI in June 2017.”

“His former law firm Bloom Hergott just announced the ‘retirement’ of Bloom AND Hergott and a restructuring of the firm to evade liability less than 4 months before trial in a case where the primary issue has already been won in court. And Ms. Heard, the self-appointed leader of the #metoo movement despite a prior arrest and incarceration for violent domestic abuse, now faces a growing mountain of evidence including new female victims coming forward, a fraudulent letter to Homeland Security, scheming in writing with her lawyer to suborn witness perjury, and her infamous hoax getting obliterated by 24 sworn eyewitnesses, 2 police officers, 87 video surveillance tapes, audio tape, and her own sworn confessions of violence.”

“In contrast, Amber Heard’s lawyer says ‘the evidence in this case is clear,’ and then presents none,” the statement concluded.

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Tue May 21, 2019 2:14 am

Is this to be believed? I hope not ...

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue May 21, 2019 2:49 am

Yes I saw that last night - swore under my breath as to why everytime we get someone helpful on him - we get another negative article. I suspect this is just a disagreement over fees/overbilling something like that - if there is any basis.

One thing is clear - you can't say The Blast is totally biased towards him.

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue May 21, 2019 2:53 am

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue May 21, 2019 2:59 am

OMG it is - read it!

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue May 21, 2019 3:33 am

Sorry to keep doing single posts. Right just read it - refers to new witness statements and annexes but they weren't attached is it is just JD's declaration. Almost everything he says then refers to a piece of evidence which has clearly also been filed. Kevin Murphy has given quite a lot of new detail including that AH tried to bully him and threatened his job - he refused to lie for her or help her get another assistant to lie over the dog smuggling. There's stuff around the dog smuggling and lying to Homeland Security and claiming that Savannah McMillen did not work for her - when JD says a 'google search' or pay slips prove that she did. Ouch! They also called Kevin Murphy on the night of the May incident - as she had confessed to him previously that she had pulled a 'harmless prank' in the bed. After Kevin Murphy repeats what she said on the phone to them (on speaker) sounds like AH loses it. Which would be classic narcissistic behaviour correct?

Also look out for an audio recording they have of her which apparently got played when she did her deposition in2016.

There's also a personal bit about a text she sent saying how much she loves him and filed for divorce because she thought he had filed. It is really kind of sad and pathetic. Almost like she gets to the Monday or whenever she filed and then thought - oh no, what have I done? How did I let it get to this? Also very clear that after the 21 April incident - he was never going to come back to her.

Small details are interesting. I've always thought the birthday party was odd - like it was her 30th surely he wouldn't have just ignored it - but the dinner party was something he'd organised.

The timeline of the conspiracy between her, IO and Raquel and the calling the lawyer - is interesting and fits. Also seems like Johnny's lawyers have used lots of the fan discoveries - and credits 'the public' calling out IO in particular including his very recent changing stories.

Once again - very well argued, legally robust, put together statement. It continues to use the word 'perjury' - I am guessing that some sort of complaint will be made for abusing the court system.

Newt

Unread post by Newt » Tue May 21, 2019 4:40 am

This is heartwarming, this is a slam dunk too. GO Johnny !

AdeleAgain

Unread post by AdeleAgain » Tue May 21, 2019 5:34 am

I've now read it three times and this really stands out - it's new and calls bs on her own DV allegations:

"On May 25, 2016, Ms. Heard sent me a text message stating, “You and I have the control. And love each other. I thought you filed [for divorce]. You said you were going to and said good-bye.· I'm sorry if I've hurt you.· I have nothing but love for you.” In the text, Ms. Heard also admitted “[j]ust confirmed that cover letter [sent to your lawyer] is completely private and has nothing to do with any public record. (And only included the domestic violence ·restraining order stuff because I called the lawyer when the cops were here and I didn't know what to or why -- didn't know what to or why that happened and was scared). The text message is attached here as Exhibit K."

I don't have twitter but this needs to be played and played .......

SnoopyDances

Unread post by SnoopyDances » Tue May 21, 2019 7:44 am

Also of note is the first mention (that I can recollect) is her alleged abuse of drugs and alcohol.

She has always claimed his drug abuse but I don’t remember any mention her using “prescription and other drugs...with alcohol.”

meeps

Unread post by meeps » Tue May 21, 2019 8:07 am

Ade wrote:AMBER: I'm sorry if I've hurt you.· I have nothing but love for you.”
ME: "if" - if? IF! What the :censored: do you think, woman !?!
And "nothing but love" ... Racing to divorce him first, right after his mother's death, send a demanding letter about alimony, which was practically a blackmail note, and - and claiming, that she only ask for a restraining order because the cops and lawyers scared her, when there was four or five days between the cops coming to check on her, and she going to court and claiming, she was oh, so scared!
Yes, I better calm down or I might blow a fuse :biggrin:
But - it's like she doesn't know him at all ...
He would see right through her lies, and know that is not the way you behave, if you love somebody! Did she really not know that?
I feel so sorry for Johnny, that he had to go through all this. But also very proud of him for fighting back now :love: