Johnny helps Make a Film Foundation grant film wishes

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:28 pm

jruoss wrote:
nebraska wrote:I have not heard anything yet. My guess is that it will be a while. Weeks if not months. I trust you have looked at the website to see if anything has been updated there.

Got my copy in the mail yesterday! I haven't watched it yet, but I can tell you that the cover, besides the artwork, and the title "Anthony Conti's The Black Ghiandola", has a quote from Johnny: "The Make A Film Foundation I think is genius. I just think it is such a great idea. And for me to be chosen to be a part of this very personal moment for Anthony... I just tried to make him laugh."
Also there are some special features, which include some trailers, a behind the scenes documentary, and a MAFF Vidz For Kidz short doc "The Question". I searched to see if I could find any evidence of the limited edition cover that Guillermo Del Toro was slated for... none so far, so I'm not sure whether that happened. But I haven't been back to the MAFF page since the DVD arrived, there could be updated info about the Del Toro cover there. Could be that cover is only meant for the eyes of the $100+ donors, and MAFF is intentionally not going to put that image up.

Good news! My copy should be coming any day. :cool:

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:07 pm

:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

Jcollection

Unread postby Jcollection » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:51 pm

OMG OMG OMG I just saw it :loveshower:
Here is a video of me talking about it...OMG!!!
Johnny was sooo lovely in this one! :heartdance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGgfet3iA0

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:30 pm

Jcollection wrote:OMG OMG OMG I just saw it :loveshower:
Here is a video of me talking about it...OMG!!!
Johnny was sooo lovely in this one! :heartdance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGgfet3iA0

:ok:

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:53 pm

I don't know how many have seen this or are planning to, so I'll put comment on the film in spoilers.
► Show Spoiler
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:48 pm

:thanks!: jrouss!

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:51 pm

I finally received my disc yesterday. Apparently my "order" fell through the cracks with the first mailing. I watched the disc today. I was a little confused by the story line but I have to say I was really impressed with the quality of the movie -- the scenery, lighting, etc. I watched all the extras, too. Very touching! I can see why Johnny found this a project worth doing. :cool: This is a wonderful unique addition to my Depp collection!

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:32 pm

nebraska wrote:I finally received my disc yesterday. Apparently my "order" fell through the cracks with the first mailing. I watched the disc today. I was a little confused by the story line but I have to say I was really impressed with the quality of the movie -- the scenery, lighting, etc. I watched all the extras, too. Very touching! I can see why Johnny found this a project worth doing. :cool: This is a wonderful unique addition to my Depp collection!

Glad to hear it! I was confused also the first time through, there's a large amount of story packed into such a short space. In my last post on this thread, I talk about the hospital scenes, which seem like a dream or a very strange flashback. The film makes a little more
sense when the hospital sequence is not seen as part of the "present" action, but more as background for what is going on...
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

marija

Unread postby marija » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:23 am

nebraska wrote:I finally received my disc yesterday. Apparently my "order" fell through the cracks with the first mailing. I watched the disc today. I was a little confused by the story line but I have to say I was really impressed with the quality of the movie -- the scenery, lighting, etc. I watched all the extras, too. Very touching! I can see why Johnny found this a project worth doing. :cool: This is a wonderful unique addition to my Depp collection!

You luckily could get the dvd.
Unfortunately I can't donate or buy it . Does anyone know if it's only available in the US? :perplexed2:
...it's not easy, to be different..."

Return to “News & Views”