FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:11 pm

It seems the SyFy channel is showing all the Harry Potter movies this week with sneak peeks of FB with vignettes from cast members, scenes not in the trailers. :hatsoff:

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:15 am

I had a meeting today which meant I had to walk through Leicester Square where they were putting up all the pictures and barriers - such an exciting atmosphere.

momindeppcamp

Unread postby momindeppcamp » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:52 am

Ade wrote:I had a meeting today which meant I had to walk through Leicester Square where they were putting up all the pictures and barriers - such an exciting atmosphere.

Never thought I could get this excited. Can't wait. Will go Friday night here in the US have reserved seats.
What is that? It is a Terrible Towel ,Chuckle A Terrible Towel?, Yes it is a Terrible Towel for you and your son. Over this left shoulder it went. Never to be seen or heard from again. I am always so misunderstood.

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:45 pm

Quick question - do we put our thoughts/reactions to the film here? I am counting down the hours!

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:26 pm

Ade wrote:Quick question - do we put our thoughts/reactions to the film here? I am counting down the hours!

:hatsoff: Good point, Ade.
I've created a discussion thread where we can discuss our thoughts about the movie, including spoilers. ;)

justintime

Unread postby justintime » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:05 pm

Well, the word is out. The Rotten Tomatoes’ lock-step march is on: FBCOG’s rating has slid from a promising 58% at one point over the last three days to a dismal 46% in the last hour.

I know, I know, these numbers mean nothing to Johnny. Believing that to still be true, however, does little for those (myself included) who so dearly wanted Johnny - and all of the cast and crew for that matter - to enjoy fluttering a much deserved nose-thumbing to the lot of them.

Still have fingers crossed the box office results will knock everyone’s socks off. And this, Johnny DOES need: it’s the only objective measure of his relevancy in this medium, currently available at these crucial crossroads, to throw back at those who would bury him yesterday if left to their own preferences. If a film ripped by critics for its convoluted, overstuffed script but praised by viewers (and even some of their own) for Johnny’s charismatic, perfectly modulated performance in the title role brings in the bucks, well, Johnny will have proven once again his value (not liability, as per Variety) to the industry. All just my opinion, and frustration, of course . . .
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:57 am

Yes! Eddie Redmayne likes Johnny too :love: Calls him charming and seductive as Grindelwald :heart:

Oh, and I agree with you, Justintime :airkiss2:

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:33 am

The tabloids will not report this because it will ruin their storyline of Johnny just being the worst - but here's another proof of him being just the sweetest :truefan:

Alison Sudol: Johnny Depp was very gentle with me
Alison Sudol was nervous about shooting with Johnny Depp, on the sets of the "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald" but the actor immediately put her at ease.
Written By Khyati Sharma 155877 reads Mumbai Published: November 16, 2018 06:58 pm

Alison Sudol was nervous about shooting with Johnny Depp, but her nervousness went out of the window when she met him on the sets of the "Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald". The actress says he immediately put her at ease.

"I was really nervous going into it for many reasons -- I didn't know him, I didn't work with him. He is quite a legendary actor. He immediately put me at ease," Sudol said during a roundtable discussion here while promoting the Warner Bros Pictures project, which opened in India on November 16.

"He was very gentle with me. He was very kind after every take. He was generous and said lively things about my performance, which was great because I was very vulnerable -- not in the whole movie but in some scenes," she added.

"Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald" explores the story of Gellert Grindelwald (Depp), showing his power to influence people to embrace the dark world. Sudol essays the role of mind-reading Queenie in the franchise.

Talking more about her experience with Deep, she said: "At the end of the movie, there is a scene which is particularly painful for me and we had to do it over and over again. I was like yelling in the scene.

"It was awful and at a certain point, I couldn't stop crying. I went to a corner. He came over and he just started telling me a story about him being invited to some weird political party thing. It was hilarious. The stuff he was saying and the way they were reacting. He completely, without making any note of the state I was in or making me self-conscious, genuinely distracted me. It was a kind thing to do. He didn't have to do it.

"He knew where I was at and I really respect that and appreciate that."

I have it from this article:

In-too-Depp

Unread postby In-too-Depp » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:09 am

Jude likes Johnny as well. :goodvibes:
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:44 am

These dates are probably for the US. But at least it means, that the DVD, Blu Ray and so on is on its way :loveshower:

reindeermoon

Unread postby reindeermoon » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:17 pm

The movie is still on in two theatres in my town here in Switzerland. I wanted to pre- order the DVD but it is on sale in Autumn.
I have bought two books of the making of The Crimes of Grindelwald. There are a lot of drawings of streets and animals.

Return to “News & Views”