FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:57 pm

Chocolat wrote:
Hubby is a trooper, always has been when it comes to sharing Johnny pics. :goodvibes:
By the way, the wand, although pretty, isn't too long. Only about 14". Yet long enough to make magick happen!

:lolsign:

Beth333

Unread postby Beth333 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:03 pm

Does anyone know anything about the NYC fan event that I believe is happening tonight? They sent invites to Wizarding blog/sites and when you RSVP they sent the details. Unless it was the event today in Rockefeller Center.

At this event was suppose to be the FIRST screening of the new trailer and then it's being released to the public tomorrow. That's my understanding of it.

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Beth333 wrote:Does anyone know anything about the NYC fan event that I believe is happening tonight? They sent invites to Wizarding blog/sites and when you RSVP they sent the details. Unless it was the event today in Rockefeller Center.

At this event was suppose to be the FIRST screening of the new trailer and then it's being released to the public tomorrow. That's my understanding of it.

Looks like it was an all-day event with fans getting to meet and greet JK Rowling and some of the cast.
There appears to have been a private screening of the trailer for fans and souvenir wands were handed out.

The Leaky Cauldron has been chronicling the events here:

Looks like Eddie Redmayne is in London filming and won't be in New York for any of the events unless the Today Show pre-recorded an interview with him. No mention of Jude Law or Johnny Depp at the events.

ForeverYoung

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:43 pm

There is a pic of a fan with Johnny in a club in NYC which was posted over the weekend so I have no doubt we will see him on the show. The host on the Today Show said the cast was there and they will all be talking for us to see tomorrow but I don't know when this show gets filmed.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:58 am

Full Today Show interview (about 25 minutes) with the same people we saw yesterday. No Johnny.

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:22 pm

The trailer is out. I am giving you a health warning now, Johnny is in it a lot and his voice is in it even more. And it is mesmerising, don't plan on doing anything else after you've seen it. I am so glad that they've built Grindelwald up over the three trailers.

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:14 am

A bit of in my eyes wonderful trivia :love:

Johnny Depp signed on without reading a script. He wanted to be a part of the series because he is a self-proclaimed massive fan of the series.

I have it from this page: :smiliewithhearts:
It does sound like our Johnny, doesn't it? Throwing himself into some project, like he did with the Pirates, just because he love the idea :cloud9:

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:13 pm

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:14 pm

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:21 am

Ok forgive me for being a nerd again but I've just been doing some more research on reactions to CoG and Johnny.

So Grace Randolph has quite an influential youtube thing where she reviews and reacts to film trailers. In her initial reaction to the third trailer (over 100,000 views) she asked people specifically if Johnny's casting would stop them seeing the film, and to leave a comment. When I looked there were over 1,400 comments - so a very good sample. Now probably around 900 or so I really was skimming so maybe I missed a few, but this is interesting:

1. Four people said they would not watch it because he was cast. FOUR PEOPLE.
2. A few more, but still a small minority said they didn't like his casting but they would still see the film
3. Overwhelming majority (obviously) said they would be seeing it - many said they would see it multiple times
4. Huge number of comments (especially early ones) saying they were seeing it because of Johnny
5. Most interesting to me was the number of "I don't know why on earth people have anything against him what has he done" type comments. Genuinely didn't know and didn't care to know any gossip. I like those people!
6. There were also many saying that no one knows what happens in people's private lives and since you don't know you shouldn't judge.

I remain absolutely convinced that this whole thing is a tabloid press construct, whipping up the comments of a really small number of people - and reporting on it because it has Johnny's name in it so everyone clicks on (although happily apparently not everyone!)

Anyway - I refuse to be down - this looks like an awesome film, and my heart soared at so many nice comments about Johnny.

meeps

FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updatesi

Unread postby meeps » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:06 pm

I definitely forgive you! I love this, so thanks a whole happy lot for your wonderful research :loveshower: :airkiss2: :truefan:

Ruby Begonia

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:20 pm

A little scared but heading over to read the new GQ article :sweeneydepp: kindly posted. :thankyou:

As far as Grindelwald, I think JK Rowling has possibly been a longtime Depp admirer. Tom Riddle in the Chamber of Secrets looks very much to me like Johnny's look in Sleepy Hollow.

Her steadfast defense of him is also like Dumbledore's trust in Snape. JK knows the story that can't be told but hopefully will be revealed in time (with Johnny surviving, of course). Johnny is a real-life Snape in some ways: imperfect, misunderstood, maligned, yet brave and noble.

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:55 am

He is more yummy than Snape though - but I do like your analogy. I always think of him as a Sirius Black figure - Gary Oldman played him a bit sexy and dangerous.

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:40 am

Johnny is also much sweeter to kiddies, both his own and others, than Snape :lol: But I also understand and agree :love:

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:12 pm

New stills:

Return to “News & Views”