FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:52 am

Marlon Brando once advised Johnny to perform Shakespeare.
I think he would be wonderful and deliver it right and proper.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

gipsyblues

Unread postby gipsyblues » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:43 am

Chocolat...... I thought the same . :yes: He has the sonorous voice, as well as the great charisma.

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:03 am

I very much agree. I would love to see him on the stage, preferably doing Shakespeare. His performance in The Libertine was incredible. I want MORE of that. (Although, can you imagine the cost of the tickets? )
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

gipsyblues

Unread postby gipsyblues » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:32 am

This is a wonderful dream, Johnny plays Shakespeare on Broadway. You could not pay for the tickets. Everyone would like to see him so much.
Libertine and the Brave are my favorite movies :)

cussot

Unread postby cussot » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:12 pm

Oh yes, Johnny. Explore the really dark side and breathe fell breath into Iago. Or lift the wand of Prospero and cast spells on an island for the sake of a daughter.

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:18 pm

gipsyblues wrote:This is a wonderful dream, Johnny plays Shakespeare on Broadway. You could not pay for the tickets. Everyone would like to see him so much.

Those are my two favorites also. :hello2:
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

gipsyblues

Unread postby gipsyblues » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:29 am

fireflydances wrote:
gipsyblues wrote:This is a wonderful dream, Johnny plays Shakespeare on Broadway. You could not pay for the tickets. Everyone would like to see him so much.

Those are my two favorites also. :hello2:

:ok: :highfive: :hug3:

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:18 am

It is a great idea, indeed - but, although I risk getting in trouble for asking, I can't help wondering if our boy wouldn't get bored saying the same lines again and again over several weeks or maybe even months :love: ? He loves improvising and coming up with new "riffs" on the same theme, but that's not always a good thing to do on a theatre stage, I believe. It at least require, that the other people acting alongside him can think on their feet and not get throw for a loop, if Johnny doesn't do and/or say exactly what they expect him to do :biggrin:
Or what do you think?

gipsyblues

Unread postby gipsyblues » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:26 am

meeps wrote:It is a great idea, indeed - but, although I risk getting in trouble for asking, I can't help wondering if our boy wouldn't get bored saying the same lines again and again over several weeks or maybe even months :love: ? He loves improvising and coming up with new "riffs" on the same theme, but that's not always a good thing to do on a theatre stage, I believe. It at least require, that the other people acting alongside him can think on their feet and not get throw for a loop, if Johnny doesn't do and/or say exactly what they expect him to do :biggrin:
Or what do you think?

Hi Meeps :hello2: :hug2: .... that's a really good point of view. It's true, Johnny likes to improvise often and gives his own artistic input.
It was just a dream of mine, but I think ( and dream ;) )he can give a very good performance on a theater stage. He was so amazing in Sweeney Todd .

cussot

Unread postby cussot » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:47 pm

meeps wrote:It is a great idea, indeed - but, although I risk getting in trouble for asking, I can't help wondering if our boy wouldn't get bored saying the same lines again and again over several weeks or maybe even months :love: ?

Good point, meeps. I guess I was thinking of a film version, say something like Julie Taymor's Titus that starred Anthony Hopkins.

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:01 pm

cussot wrote:
meeps wrote:It is a great idea, indeed - but, although I risk getting in trouble for asking, I can't help wondering if our boy wouldn't get bored saying the same lines again and again over several weeks or maybe even months :love: ?

Good point, meeps. I guess I was thinking of a film version, say something like Julie Taymor's Titus that starred Anthony Hopkins.

Yes, I would settle for Shakespeare on film. But... I do wonder whether being on stage, several times a week, for almost two months with the Hollywood Vampires is inoculating him to repetition? After all, the lines may be the same, but I've heard stage actors say that every performance is a new experience because of the audience. So.......one can always hope :goodvibes:

sleepy
JDZ Founder

Unread postby sleepy » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:51 pm

I honestly don't believe Johnny is cut out, at all for stage work. On stage it's go big or go home. No mumbling or stuttering allowed. You really have to know how to project yourself. The best stage actors really love acting, in all forms. I'm not sure Johnny has a passion for acting.

moviemom

Unread postby moviemom » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:28 pm

fireflydances wrote:I very much agree. I would love to see him on the stage, preferably doing Shakespeare. His performance in The Libertine was incredible. I want MORE of that. (Although, can you imagine the cost of the tickets? )

I'd pay and take out a loan!
The year's no doubt, have changed me, sir. -- Sweeney Todd :sweeneysmile:

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:43 am

I swear every time I read something like this I get more over excited:

Buzzed on '19 Secrets I Learned on set of FB Sequal'

https://www.buzzfeed.com/eleanorbate/fa ... .tsy87QyrZ

justintime

Unread postby justintime » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Ade wrote:I swear every time I read something like this I get more over excited:

Buzzed on '19 Secrets I Learned on set of FB Sequal'

https://www.buzzfeed.com/eleanorbate/fa ... .tsy87QyrZ

I’m struggling to find a way to take something positive from this Buzzfeed piece. They managed to get through without even mentioning Johnny’s name. If I didn’t know better, I would be wondering what/who Grindelwald is, much less if she/he/it is harboring any “secrets”. The comments section made me sick, not just the negativity toward Johnny but the ignorant viciousness.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Return to “News & Views”