FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:11 pm

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Bohemian

Unread postby Bohemian » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 pm

Oh, yes. :snoopydances:
Thank you, Chocolat.
"I feel sullied and unusual..."

"What do I want for the future? I know exactly what I want, everything: calm, peace, tranquillity, freedom, fun, happiness. If I could make all that one word, I would - a many-syllabled word."

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:12 am

Almost didn't recognise Jude Law as Dumbledore.

tralala

Unread postby tralala » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:12 am

Gilbert's Girl wrote:Almost didn't recognise Jude Law as Dumbledore.

Law looks las if he stepped right out of a 19th century Russian novel :grin:
On the other hand, Johnny's costume looks like we're going to see some action from him: the boots, the undone coat, high waist, fitted trousers - I mean, he doesn't look like the type of villain that would just sit in his cave and plot, but fight in the first line if the need arises, if you know what I mean. I see he still has different coloured eyes, too. Was that in the books? I don't remember reading anything about that.
Also, I love that the sequel had Grindelwald in the title: it gives me hope that we're going to see a lot of Johnny :loveshower:

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:41 am

Here's closeups of both Johnny and the other actors in costumes - a sort of break down of the big picture already posted here - with a bit of explanation about each character :love:

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:26 am

:giddy: So excited! Thanks everyone for the updates and pics! :applause:

justintime

Unread postby justintime » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Lots of very, very toxic comments by both “writers” and potential viewers re: Johnny’s (continued) casting. Abuse, abuse, abuse. It makes me sad to my core to know how hard Johnny, his agents, and film makers have to fight to justify hiring him these days. Can’t imagine what these ignorant herds will be like when he’s actually headlining a project ready to be released (I’m thinking “Richard Says Goodbye” in particular). Off topic a bit, I know, and just love the new pics . . . can’t seem to ease the ache, though.
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

sleepy
JDZ Founder

Unread postby sleepy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Well, Amber did her job...she made the accusations and leaked all kinds of made-up crap. Made sure People magazine put her pic, with bruised eye on the cover. She didn't have to go to court to swear on anything...she made sure the public convicted him with no pesky swearing, in court. So there it stands, and with what is going on in Hollywood today, it makes him a bit toxic.
I know fans say he did the right thing by ignoring it, but it will affect his career, and how the general public feel, from now on. So now,
one of the nicest guys in Hollywood is branded with the title of abuser. The best we can do is not to read any comment sections.

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread postby Joni » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:23 pm

sleepy wrote:The best we can do is not to read any comment sections.

I agree, and go one step further -- we could stop giving these sick comments attention on the Zone.
He has a way of huddling down under his hat and his totems. But when the camera was on him he kind of beamed Johnny out. It was striking, like one of those magic powers in those hobbit movies.
~John H. Richardson

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Joni wrote:
sleepy wrote:The best we can do is not to read any comment sections.

I agree, and go one step further -- we could stop giving these sick comments attention on the Zone.

Yeah, but then again one sometimes get surprised - by how much the commentators are on Johnny's side. Not always, no. But I have seen it on a couple of the badest articles. And have protested once or twice myself. So the "journalists" can see, if they care to read the comments, that not all agree with them, and hate Johnny.

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:04 pm

And also keep in mind what we perceive and the reality of the Hollywood machine are not the same thing.

He's hired because he is so talented and Johnny is still very popular. All the bad publicity did not stop Pirates being a huge hit or keep audiences away from MOTOE. You may have missed the other news today but Sauvage is going to be by far the biggest selling men's fragrance for the second Christmas in a row and even the Daily Mail had to acknowledge that this is due to 'the Johnny Depp effect'. It is the only successful male fragrance launch in recent times.

The horrid criticism comes a lot I believe from people in the US and Europe - and of course Johnny is hired because he has such strong appeal outside the traditional western markets which are expanding in terms of cinema audiences.

It's awful background noise but we have to stay strong and focus on all these positive signs.

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread postby Joni » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:11 pm

And now let's please return this thread to topic: Fantastic Beasts movie updates.

:thanks!:
He has a way of huddling down under his hat and his totems. But when the camera was on him he kind of beamed Johnny out. It was striking, like one of those magic powers in those hobbit movies.
~John H. Richardson

tralala

Unread postby tralala » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:42 pm

Just to direct this thread back toward the Potterverse - I have a two-words response for every J.K.Rowling fan who is upset with Johnny Depp casting in the film: Rita Skeeter.

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:46 pm

tralala wrote:Johnny's costume looks like we're going to see some action from him: the boots, the undone coat, high waist, fitted trousers

Grindelwald's face seemed a little rounder to me in the bits from the first movie. In this new picture, it looks like his incarceration has made him a little leaner and hungry for trouble... interesting how he's got just one contact lens. The other eye appears to be Johnny's own. Someone said they don't remember if that was in the books. If not, it's a choice for the character. Very similar to David Bowie's different coloured eyes, also seems to pop up in cats now and then.
"There is certainly a part of me that tends to be that loner. You never find me in the center of the crowd. I just like to stay back a little and hang in the shadows."

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:57 pm

I love the way this man wonderfully wears costumes.
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

Return to “News & Views”