FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
meeps

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread postby meeps » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:13 am

jruoss wrote:I'm glad to hear Rowling herself is enthused about Johnny, maybe that will stem the naysayer tide a bit. She's not the only one feeling bleak about Trump being elected. I hope she's seen Johnny's portrayal. I think of all the actors who've done recent Trumps, his was the one that pulled no punches.
I'm curious if Johnny only appears briefly in the first movie, how many amazing things has he actually had the chance to do with the character already? Sounds intriguing though, I'm looking forward to seeing this guy.

Rowling might have talked with Johnny about where they both want the character to go and liked his ideas. And she might also be happy about his choice of costume and what he has done already. Plus there seems always to be more scenes filmed than what end up in the actual movie, so she might also refer to what she has seen in that discarded material. Just my theory :love:
I am just SO happy that she is satisfied with our magical boy - man :flirt: - playing one of her wizards :loveshower:

redrascal1

Unread postby redrascal1 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:25 am

jruoss wrote:I'm glad to hear Rowling herself is enthused about Johnny, maybe that will stem the naysayer tide a bit. She's not the only one feeling bleak about Trump being elected. I hope she's seen Johnny's portrayal. I think of all the actors who've done recent Trumps, his was the one that pulled no punches.
I'm curious if Johnny only appears briefly in the first movie, how many amazing things has he actually had the chance to do with the character already? Sounds intriguing though, I'm looking forward to seeing this guy.

What I've heard so far is everyone's impressed with Johnny and want him to have a much bigger role in Part 2; I'm going to see it, hopefully next week, and I'm really looking forward to seeing Johnny in it! :loveshower:

marija

Unread postby marija » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:37 pm

:cloud9: My daughter and I have watched The Fantastic Beasts for the first time...but NOT for the last time...it's a really FANTASTIC movie. ..if you're a Harry Potter fan or not...you have to go into the cinema...oh...and Johnny? He's to see in a very short sceen, but it's long enough to recognise how impressive he is going to create his new character :snoopydances: :yahoo: :applause2:
...it's not easy, to be different..."

Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:08 pm

Grindelwald has a face!

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

marija

Unread postby marija » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:35 am

Oooh yes, he has a face. ..and it can express soo much :loveshower:

ibbi 3

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:20 am

marija wrote::cloud9: My daughter and I have watched The Fantastic Beasts for the first time...but NOT for the last time...it's a really FANTASTIC movie. ..if you're a Harry Potter fan or not...you have to go into the cinema...oh...and Johnny? He's to see in a very short sceen, but it's long enough to recognise how impressive he is going to create his new character :snoopydances: :yahoo: :applause2:

:applause2: That's wonderfull! :hug2: :hug2: :bounce:

Thanks for the pic Chocolat!
Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure
November is RSD/CRPS awareness month

brunasouzota

Unread postby brunasouzota » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:35 pm

:loveshower: :lovehearts: :mortdecaiheart: Johnny! :silver: :bounce:
:heart4: Johnny is my life forever. :kiss: :hug2: :twohearts:

Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:59 pm

One more.

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:56 pm

meeps wrote:

Rowling might have talked with Johnny about where they both want the character to go and liked his ideas. And she might also be happy about his choice of costume and what he has done already. Plus there seems always to be more scenes filmed than what end up in the actual movie, so she might also refer to what she has seen in that discarded material. Just my theory :love:
I am just SO happy that she is satisfied with our magical boy - man :flirt: - playing one of her wizards :loveshower:

No doubt you're right. Even if he only appears briefly in "Beasts", he still had to create a full character, especially knowing he'll have more of a role in future movies!
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:04 pm

marija wrote:...it's a really FANTASTIC movie. ..if you're a Harry Potter fan or not...you have to go into the cinema...

Glad to hear it! Whether I'll make it to the cinema for this one I'm not sure, but you've got me excited to see it :snowman:
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

marija

Unread postby marija » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:15 am

jruoss wrote:
marija wrote:...it's a really FANTASTIC movie. ..if you're a Harry Potter fan or not...you have to go into the cinema...

Glad to hear it! Whether I'll make it to the cinema for this one I'm not sure, but you've got me excited to see it :snowman:

That's great...meanwhile I've watched it twice...maybe I'm going to go to watch it for the third time...oh I love this wonderful movie ...and Johnny , of course :lovehearts: :lovehearts: :lovehearts:

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:18 am

Article from USA today about the filming, does have spoilers
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movi ... /94154016/

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:51 am

Don't you love headlines beginning with "All you need to know .." As if the journalist could possible know, what any of us need to know :biggrin: But beside that I love this piece for being very positive about Johnny :truefan:
I am just sad, that people feel, they need to defend their choice of our boy :sad:
Thanks a lot though anyway for posting this, Gilbert's Girl :airkiss2:

I have something to show you myself - not so much the article here which don't tell us much new I think. But try scrolling down and read the also very positive comments :loveshower: Among those this thoughtful 'breakdown' of the statement Amber Heard and Johnny send out after their divorce:

Since everybody here already addressed the other points you made in your comment, I only like to add my seven million dollars to the settlement statement. One, it does not support her position; the statement is written neutrally, you can read it depending on which context you apply. If you read it within the context of the case, of what is known about the case considering the facts of both sides etc, you can read it as follows:

"Our relationship was intensely passionate and at times volatile, but always bound by love." -- For Depp, see video and finger story. For Heard, see the statement of Depp's security guards.

"There was never any intent of physical or emotional harm." -- "intent" in a legal sense can mean that something happened, but it wasn't intentional or it can mean that nothing happened at all. For Amber, she caused Johnny harm, but it wasn't intentional or an intent could not be proven. For Johnny, he did not hurt Amber.

"Neither party has made false accusations for financial gain. [...] Amber will be donating financial proceeds from the divorce to a charity." -- The latter conflicts with the first and negates it in a way, meaning Amber made false accusations, Johnny did not.

"Amber wishes the best for Johnny in the future." -- AP said it best when they quoted the line and added "without a corresponding message of support from Depp for the actress." It stresses that Johnny is done with her; wants nothing to do with her. He distances himself from her.

"There will be no further public statements about this matter." -- There were no further public statements addressing their "volatile" relationship, the divorce or the alleged abuse, well, apart from the one Heard's lawyers issued, then had to retract with a public apology to Depp.

I hope that helps you with interpreting the statement; I also recommend to look at the article the Associated Press wrote about the settlement etc. and to look up legal terms and so on. Doing that was really an eye opener for me re: the statement; it helped me to understand it better.

Not all people hate the fact, that Johnny is playing Grindelwald OR hate Johnny :cloud9:

Johanna

Unread postby Johanna » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:30 am

Okay, SPOILERS, but...

Just saw Fantastic Beasts last night and am super delighted that Johnny is going to be playing Gellert Grindelwald! :yahoo: The best part about it is that, in the Harry Potter film series, young Grindelwald was played by Jamie Campbell Bower (Anthony in Sweeney Todd), so it feels sooooo right in my opinion to have adult Grindelwald be Johnny.
Hi Mom! (a.k.a. Radwen)

"Sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice Kingsley

"You may kill me, but you may never insult me." - Jack Sparrow

flo116

Unread postby flo116 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:53 pm

OMG thank you Johanna I saw pictures and I thought that was Jamie Campbell Bower as young Grindelwald. That is just so right. :heartflower:
I hope to see Fantastic Beasts Friday.
"What interested me was that he has so many faces" "But each one is completely pure & innocent" Francois Marie Banier about Johnny

Return to “News & Views”