FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Ade

Re: FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Unread postby Ade » Thu May 18, 2017 3:39 am

Thank goodness. I don't think this needs to go into a spoiler - just to say you are so right but JK Rowling is such an amazing and details-orientated story teller I suspect sometime in the next four films (joy - I cannot wait!) all will become clear.

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Thu May 18, 2017 6:25 am

I think - hope - so too :love:

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Thu May 18, 2017 5:36 pm

meeps wrote:
► Show Spoiler

No, I may be too dense also, but what you say about Graves maybe already being a real person imprisoned by Grindewald is the most logical explanation I can think of...
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Thu May 18, 2017 7:15 pm

Please forgive me for continuing to invoke Terry Gilliam on this thread, but in light of the last few posts,
► Show Spoiler
, aka Colin Farrell, and if he were to appear in the 2nd movie, along with Jude Law and Johnny, well, you'd have the three "Mirror" Tonys from Dr. Parnassus, together again in the same movie...
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

magicmoment

Unread postby magicmoment » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:30 am

jruoss wrote:
magicmoment wrote:
jruoss wrote:
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

Thanks for the info magicmoment. That explains it a little bit, though your post cuts off.
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:09 am

magicmoment wrote:
jruoss wrote:
magicmoment wrote:
► Show Spoiler

Thanks for the info magicmoment. That explains it a little bit, though your post cuts off.
► Show Spoiler

► Show Spoiler

Thanks for your post. I feel relatively clearer at this point, even though I don't know all the little HP related details to look and listen for.
► Show Spoiler

bringmethathorizon

Unread postby bringmethathorizon » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:26 pm

Ok, I am so hoping this news is incorrect and someone can either delete this post, or say it isn't so. I just read a horrible article on my Yahoo home page and it was titled Johnny Depp reviled like Bill Cosby. It went on to say awful things about Johnny and that he had been replaced on Fantastic Beasts by Benedict Cumberback !!!!! Does anyone know anything about this?
"This is the one I'll be remembered for"
Edward D. Wood, Jr.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:10 pm

bringmethathorizon wrote:Ok, I am so hoping this news is incorrect and someone can either delete this post, or say it isn't so. I just read a horrible article on my Yahoo home page and it was titled Johnny Depp reviled like Bill Cosby. It went on to say awful things about Johnny and that he had been replaced on Fantastic Beasts by Benedict Cumberback !!!!! Does anyone know anything about this?

For sure the rumors about Benedict Cumberbatch are completely wrong. As the the other part...it's the "thing" right now for the web to trash Johnny left and right. Ignore it, if you can.

marija

Unread postby marija » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:11 pm

bringmethathorizon wrote:Ok, I am so hoping this news is incorrect and someone can either delete this post, or say it isn't so. I just read a horrible article on my Yahoo home page and it was titled Johnny Depp reviled like Bill Cosby. It went on to say awful things about Johnny and that he had been replaced on Fantastic Beasts by Benedict Cumberback !!!!! Does anyone know anything about this?

Hi bringmethathorizon
I think you read about the 1st of April joke.. .I was shocked also back then...but it was meant as a joke. :hug3:
...it's not easy, to be different..."

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:41 pm

It was originally posted at the New York Post, which says it all. Johnny's assistant confirmed to me that it's not true.
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

bringmethathorizon

Unread postby bringmethathorizon » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:55 am

Thanks, so much for clearing this up for me! There have been a few posts I've probably missed, I'm in the process of moving. I wont even read that insane unbelievable stuff this is being written about Johnny, breaks my heart. Once again, thank goodness for you all at The Zone !!
"This is the one I'll be remembered for"

Edward D. Wood, Jr.

PaulKemp

Unread postby PaulKemp » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:20 pm

No title yet, but a few secrets are unveiled as shooting begins today on Fantastic Beasts 2.
From Business Wire July 3, 2017 (Warner Bros. Media Release)

Principal photography starts today, Monday, July 3, on an all new adventure set in J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, the second of five films in the series that began with “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.” The as-yet-untitled film is being directed by David Yates.

Oscar winner Eddie Redmayne (“The Theory of Everything”) stars once more as wizarding world magizoologist Newt Scamander; alongside Katherine Waterston as Auror Tina Goldstein; Alison Sudol as her sister, Queenie Goldstein; and Dan Fogler as Jacob Kowalski, the only No-Maj in the foursome.

Oscar nominee Johnny Depp (the “Pirates of the Caribbean” movies, “Finding Neverland”), who was revealed as Gellert Grindelwald, stars as the powerful Dark wizard in the film. Oscar nominee Jude Law (“The Talented Mr. Ripley,” “Cold Mountain”) takes on the role of Albus Dumbledore—one of J.K. Rowling’s most beloved characters—decades before he becomes Headmaster at Hogwarts. Credence, whose fate was unknown at the end of the first film, makes a mysterious return, played again by Ezra Miller. Zoë Kravitz plays Leta Lestrange, who was glimpsed in a photo as a woman from Newt’s past; Callum Turner is the famed Theseus Scamander, a war hero and Auror, who also happens to be Newt’s older brother; and Claudia Kim plays a young woman we first meet as a featured attraction at a wizarding circus.

J.K. Rowling wrote the screenplay for the film, which opens in 1927, a few months after Newt helped to unveil and capture the infamous Dark wizard Gellert Grindelwald. However, as he promised he would, Grindelwald has made a dramatic escape and has been gathering more followers to his cause—elevating wizards above all non-magical beings. The only one who might be able to stop him is the wizard he once called his dearest friend, Albus Dumbledore. But Dumbledore will need help from the wizard who had thwarted Grindelwald once before, his former student Newt Scamander. The adventure reunites Newt with Tina, Queenie and Jacob, but his mission will also test their loyalties as they face new perils in an increasingly dangerous and divided wizarding world.

The film expands the wizarding world, moving from New York to London and on to Paris. There are also some surprising nods to the Harry Potter stories that will delight fans of the books and film series.

The ensemble cast also includes William Nadylam as a wizard named Yusuf Kama; Ingvar Sigurdsson as a bounty hunter named Grimmson; Ólafur Darri Ólafsson as Skender, who runs the wizarding circus; and Kevin Guthrie as Abernathy, whom we met as Tina and Queenie’s boss at MACUSA (Magical Congress of the USA).

David Heyman, J.K. Rowling, Steve Kloves and Lionel Wigram are producing the film, with Tim Lewis, Neil Blair, Rick Senat and Danny Cohen serving as executive producers.

Collaborating with Yates behind the scenes, the creative teams are led by Oscar-winning director of photography Philippe Rousselot (“A River Runs Through It”); three-time Oscar-winning production designer Stuart Craig (“The English Patient,” “Dangerous Liaisons,” “Gandhi,” the “Harry Potter” films), three-time BAFTA Award-winning editor Mark Day (the last four “Harry Potter” films, “State of Play”), four-time Oscar-winning costume designer Colleen Atwood (“Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them,” “Chicago,” “Memoirs of a Geisha,” “Alice in Wonderland”), Oscar-winning visual effects supervisor Tim Burke (“Gladiator,” the “Harry Potter” films), and Oscar-nominated visual effects supervisor Christian Manz (“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1”).

The new adventure is being filmed at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden, which has been the cinematic home of the Wizarding World since the first “Harry Potter” film.

Slated for release on November 16, 2018, the film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

clare d (london)

Unread postby clare d (london) » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:03 pm

Thank you for this thread all. I believe filming in Leavesden has begun and I will be keeping my eyes open for any Johnny sightings around the Hertfordshire area.
"I was gonna hide.............it's in my nature." - Golden Globes red carpet 2006
True Johnnydepp-zoner since 2001

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:29 pm

I just wanted to share with you something which made me really happy - it's not exactly a scientific study but just to show you that despite the slew of horrible headlines, Johnny is still very loved. I looked at the twitter account for SnitchSeekers, clearly a Potterhead haven. I started reading old tweets and saw there was news about past cast members and birthdays etc so I was curious to see if they had said anything about Johnny's birthday. Indeed they had and it had 215 likes - which as I then scanned up was far, far more than for anything else including JK Rowling's first interview - the only thing which had more was news that the filming had started - which I'll allow. This just made me ridiculously happy. I apologise now - I am going to just get more and more excited about this film - I've always loved the Harry Potter world and Johnny being in it is just too good to be true.

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:01 am

I do agree with that opinion Ade. Potter is closer to my heart than Pirates. :-O Oh mercy me, such a thing to admit to. But Rowling is a great, great, great storyteller and Johnny having the role of one of the all time baddies. It's perfection for me. :yes:
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Return to “News & Views”