Johnny Depp to Star in J.K. Rowling's 'Fantastic Beasts' Sequel

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Raven_Rock

Unread postby Raven_Rock » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:55 am

fireflydances and Ade - I'm a huge Harry Potter fan also (more so than pirates which I've just started to watch the franchise - I know I'm probably the last person to start watching them - maybe apart from Johnny himself!) it took me awhile to accept him as a truly bad wizard but I'm warming to the idea now and think that he'll bring some depth to the role . I can't think of anybody else who could do the role now!
You're entirely bonkers, but I'll tell you a secret, all the best people are ...

nebraska

Unread postby nebraska » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:42 am

I am also a Harry Potter fan. I read the books as they were coming out waiting eagerly for release dates, pre-ordering the books. Now my 10-year-old greatgrandson is reading the series. Eventually the Fantastic Beasts world will open for him as well, and thus Johnny's place in another generation.

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:29 pm

I knew I was forgetting something when I was trying to think of all Johnny's upcoming projects the other day. So maybe this is his next engagement? I just remembered about that Gnomeo and Juliet thing too, I think he did his bit for that awhile ago, but is it ever going to be released?
In that last article is something about Grindewald's goal being to elevate wizards above "non-Maj" people. I guess maybe he was an early overzealous wizard civil rights activist? Because in a way, aren't wizards sort of already "above" normals? I mean, come on... :sherlockholmes:
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

Raven_Rock

Unread postby Raven_Rock » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:02 am

Grindelwald as got a bee in his bonnet about the magic Community being hidden from muggles/non-maj, him and Dumbledore were together in their ideas when they were younger - but I'm guessing with the age of the actors - Depp and Law - that it would be way after when they both were 'friends' and after what happened to Dumbledore's sister. But I like the fact that it's going to be a 'new' story for the Potter fans and may answer some remaining questions over the whole Dumbledore and Grindelwald story.
jruoss I was just thinking about the Gnomeo and Juliet - did he ever do this? Is it in post production and going to be released? I loved the first one!
You're entirely bonkers, but I'll tell you a secret, all the best people are ...

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:04 pm

I must confess I know very little about Potterology. My respect for Rowling has gone up as I catch bits and pieces of what she seems to be about, but I must claim ignorance of both the books and the movies. So if Johnny and Jude are actually friends in FB2, great, if not, great...
About Sherlock Gnomes, the imdb page as of Dec. 2016 still has its status as "filming", but a release date of March 23 2018. A few things come up on youtube as "official" Sherlock Gnomes trailers, but they're all bogus. I think there was some recent article mentioning that Sherlock G. is one of the movies that Johnny has coming out though.
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:58 pm

Pop! Movies: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them – Gellert Grindelwald
One of the most dangerous Dark Wizards of all time is now a Pop!

NYCC 2017 Exclusives: Warner Bros. - Lord of the Rings, Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera & Harry Potter!

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:29 am

SnoopyDances wrote:
Pop! Movies: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them – Gellert Grindelwald
One of the most dangerous Dark Wizards of all time is now a Pop!

NYCC 2017 Exclusives: Warner Bros. - Lord of the Rings, Looney Tunes, Hanna-Barbera & Harry Potter!

I love the little Pop! characters. I guess this is another one I'll be getting for my Pop! Johnny collection! :)

Return to “News & Views”