MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Sweeney Todd

Johnny Depp & Michelle Pfeiffer Reportedly Eyed For Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Murder On The Orient Express’

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:12 am

jruoss wrote:Kind of hope they don't make her a love interest for Johnny's character though :-O

Why?
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

meeps

Johnny Depp & Michelle Pfeiffer Reportedly Eyed For Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Murder On The Orient Express’

Unread postby meeps » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 am

If they follow the original story they won't :love: But yes, why do you hope that, please?

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:41 am

I hope they don't add characters just to add more stars to the list.

There are plenty of characters in the book.
I can see them mixing up ethnicities to make it more modern, for lack of a better word.

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:28 pm

Sweeney Todd wrote:
jruoss wrote:Kind of hope they don't make her a love interest for Johnny's character though :-O

Why?

Since I was asked twice, the short answer is it's been done. Twice. In Blow it was all well and good. In OST similar dynamics emerged with her getting all angry and vindictive, and was one of the things I didn't really like about OST. That a completely unrelated movie would pair them as lovers yet again just seems overboard, and I kind of posted that as a joke, but I've no desire to see them as a couple a third time. (See earlier part of post).
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:06 am

Thanks a lot for the explanation, jruoss :airkiss2: And yes, I tend to agree with you now that you did explain :love:

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:10 pm

Principle photography underway according to this report.

emma

Unread postby emma » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Johnny Depp is coming to Malta to film a remake of an Agatha Christie classic

November 23, 2016 Bay News film, malta

Johnny Depp will be coming to Malta to film scenes for a new blockbuster movie.

The Hollywood star will be joined by a host of top names including Dame Judi Dench, Sir Kenneth Branagh, Michelle Pfeiffer and Penelope Cruz in a remake of Murder on the Orient Express.

Filming on the Agatha Christie classic is due to begin in Malta in February or March.

Malta’s tourism minister said the film will see €8 million ploughed into the Maltese economy with around 400 film crew spending time on the island.

The original detective novel featuring Belgian detective Hercule Poirot was first published in 1934.

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:53 pm

I wonder if that is for the flashback part of the story

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:25 pm

Willem Dafoe Joins 'Murder on the Orient Express'

1:19 PM PST 1/5/2017 by Rebecca Ford
Hollywood Reporter

Willem Dafoe is ready to ride the Orient Express.

The actor is joining the star-studded ensemble cast of Kenneth Branagh's Murder on the Orient Express.

Branagh is directing and starring as the investigator Hercule Poirot, who must solve a murder case aboard a train while being surrounded by duplicitous passengers. Penelope Cruz recently joined the cast, which also includes Michelle Pfeiffer, Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, Judi Dench, Johnny Depp, Josh Gad, Leslie Odom Jr. and Tom Bateman.

Dafoe will play Mr. Hardman, a passenger on the train who says he sells typewriting ribbons, but may have a deeper tie to the murder victim.

Ridley Scott, Simon Kinberg, Mark Gordon and Branagh are producing the movie, which began production in November in London. Michael Schaefer, Aditya Sood and Judy Hofflund also are producing.

The Fox film is an adaptation of the classic Agatha Christie story. Michael Green (Blade Runner sequel) wrote the script. Steve Asbell is overseeing for Fox.

Dafoe’s recent credits include John Wick and Dog Eat Dog. He soon will be seen in The Great Wall with Matt Damon and the upcoming Warner Bros. superhero ensemble film Justice League. Dafoe is repped by CAA, The Artists Partnership in the U.K. and Circle of Confusion.

emma

Unread postby emma » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:06 am

kim

Unread postby kim » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Hi, the source of the news is Luciano Silighini Garagnani again, the "director" of 7 Days 7 Girls who falsely claimed that Johnny was in his movie a month ago. So the news about MOTOE is 99% fake. I don't know what this guy is doing and I don't know how he got in touch with such a reliable source as ANSA.IT >
River Road is not producing MOTOE (IMDb) and the Italian facebook page looks like a fake page managed by him >
Take a look at the article which published the news first: it includes a photoshopped pic and the location is the same of 7 Days 7 Girls movie >
I am shocked and disappointed and I just want to make you aware of it. :heartquote:

ForeverYoung

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:10 pm

I don't know where that picture came from in the article but boy does Johnny look good. :truefan: :smiliewithhearts: :heartbeat:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

sleepy
JDZ Founder

Unread postby sleepy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:46 pm

If it's the same picture I saw, I don't really care for it. It's an older pic, when he had the unhealthy looking puffy face. I much prefer is look since the divorce.
Funny ol' world, innit?

ForeverYoung

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:59 pm

I don't think we are talking about the same pic. The one I saw his face is thin and looks recent.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:44 pm

sleepy wrote:If it's the same picture I saw, I don't really care for it. It's an older pic, when he had the unhealthy looking puffy face. I much prefer is look since the divorce.

It does look like an older photo to me also. That's an out of date hairstyle, never mind the fact that he looks bloated. Something odd with this whole ANSA thing. There is a real ANSA, the question might be is the site a rip-off of something else. Incidentally the "real" River Road is River Road Entertainment as per this

"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Return to “News & Views”