Johnny Depp, Amber Heard Divorce Settled

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
savvypiratemonky

Unread postby savvypiratemonky » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:26 am

It's over. The case has been settled

ibbi 3

Re: Johnny Depp, Amber Heard Divorce Settled

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:45 am

Amber Heard, Johnny Depp
CASE SETTLED!!!

8/16/2016 8:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

EXCLUSIVE

Amber Heard has dismissed her domestic violence restraining order petition against Johnny Depp, because TMZ has learned the case has settled.

Amber and Johnny filed legal docs Tuesday in which Amber withdrew her request for a restraining order. She had alleged Johnny brutalized her on May 21 but now the case is over. She dismissed the case with prejudice, meaning she can never re-file it.

The divorce case, which was tied to the domestic violence petition, is also resolved. As we reported, our sources say Johnny agreed to pay Amber approximately $7 million to walk away ... that includes attorneys' fees ... at a point, $8 million was on the table, so she ended up with a mil less.

As we reported, Johnny's lawyers, Laura Wasser and Blair Berk, along with Amber's lawyers, Pierce O'Donnell and Samantha Spector, crafted a settlement after Amber was grilled Saturday during a deposition.

Amber and Johnny released a joint statement: "Our relationship was intensely passionate and at times volatile, but always bound by love..."

The statement goes on: "Neither party has made false accusations for financial gains." That's an interesting sentence, because it does not say neither party has made false statements.

And it goes on ... "There was never an intent of physical or emotional harm."

And it ends this way ... "Amber wishes the best for Johnny in the future. Amber will be donating financial proceeds from the divorce to a charity." She does not specify what percentage and which charity.

Joel:"That's the movies, Ed. Try reality." Ed:"No thanks." Northern Exposure

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:50 am

And here's the report from GossipCop...

By Shari Weiss
GossipCop
11:35 am, August 16th, 2016

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard have settled their divorce. The former couple released a joint statement on Tuesday.

The statement says, “Our relationship was intensely passionate and at times volatile, but always bound by love. Neither party has made false accusations for financial gains. There was never an intent of physical or emotional harm. Amber wishes the best for Johnny in the future. Amber will be donating financial proceeds from the divorce to a charity.”

As Gossip Cop reported, Heard filed for divorce from Depp in late May. Heard then won a restraining order against Depp after accusing the actor of being physically and verbally abusive throughout their 15-month marriage. Now as part of the settlement, Heard has filed to have the restraining order dismissed.

The agreement comes two days after Heard spent hours getting deposed by Depp’s attorney. The estranged spouses were set to go to trial this week, if they didn’t reach an out-of-court settlement. Contentious negotiations had been ongoing for months, with the respective camps trading barbs and making accusations in the media.

Last weekend, for instance, a fight video of Depp and Heard was published online, sparking a renewed debate about domestic violence. Presumably, there’s now a confidentiality agreement that will prevent further leaks. Despite the settlement, though, Depp and Heard’s divorce will not be official until a judge signs off.

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread postby Joni » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:53 am

And now all this ugliness can stop.

ibbi 3

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:54 am

Pfffff I don't even want to think what this :censored: statement says, it's over.
Over.

:chill:

DebbieJCDFan

Unread postby DebbieJCDFan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:56 am

:wave: :loveshower: :girlwave: :girlwave2: :bigwave: :biggrin: :loveshower:
CASE SETTLED, ITS OVER!

After its signed by the judge, that is! At least the formalities, anyway. Now for Johnny to start the healing process. Congratulations, Johnny, you kept the high road and survived!
Wait for the Opportune Moment!
DebbieJCDFan

ibbi 3

Unread postby ibbi 3 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:05 pm

DebbieJCDFan wrote::wave: :loveshower: :girlwave: :girlwave2: :bigwave: :biggrin: :loveshower:
CASE SETTLED, ITS OVER!

After its signed by the judge, that is! At least the formalities, anyway. Now for Johnny to start the healing process. Congratulations, Johnny, you kept the high road and survived!

:girlwave: :lol: :hatsoff: :worldhug: :worldhug: :yahoo:

momindeppcamp

Unread postby momindeppcamp » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:18 pm

That sure was quick after the tell tale video arrived on You Tube.
It makes me think that all Amber wanted from Johnny was his money and that was her goal all along.
What is that? It is a Terrible Towel ,Chuckle A Terrible Towel?, Yes it is a Terrible Towel for you and your son. Over this left shoulder it went. Never to be seen or heard from again. I am always so misunderstood.

Vampgirl

Unread postby Vampgirl » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:24 pm

:ok: :loveshower: :rotflmao: :giddy: :applause2: :applause:
Please take time for yourself now Johnny. Time for healing. Be happy and know you are loved and cherished. I am so happy for you!!!!
I Love You more than ever. I knew you were falsely accused. I am beyond happy!
:snoopydances: :toastingpirates: :disco: :dance: :guitar: :congrats: :silver:

Lou Lou 63

Unread postby Lou Lou 63 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:32 pm

For all the nastiness she put him through she got an absolute pittance , I'm glad Johnny took the high road with her and did not stoop to her level.

I'm glad she got next to nothing in the grand scheme of things, and she showed her true colours , she will be forgotten soon enough.

I Wish Johnny and his family well and for him to heal now this nightmare is over.

"There are no strings on ME!!" Ultron in Avengers: Age of Ultron

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't": Johnny on music.
Thanks to HG for my AVI'S

momindeppcamp

Unread postby momindeppcamp » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:41 pm

Vampgirl wrote::ok: :loveshower: :rotflmao: :giddy: :applause2: :applause:
Please take time for yourself now Johnny. Time for healing. Be happy and know you are loved and cherished. I am so happy for you!!!!
I Love You more than ever. I knew you were falsely accused. I am beyond happy!
:snoopydances: :toastingpirates: :disco: :dance: :guitar: :congrats: :silver:

I would sincerely hope that Johnny seeks professional help after this situation and re evaluates his life choices. I wish him well and I sincerely hope that he has an epiphany after going through this experience. Life is tough enough but life lessons are even tougher still. Get help, get rest and move on a positive note.
I am feeling disappointed and very sad from watching both of these people intentionally and irreparably wound each other. It is always better to walk away from a physical confrontation than to get into a physical confrontation while angry, seek emotional help, then walk away unscathed. This has damaged both reputations, careers and psyche and will not be forgotten for a long while. We fans are hurting as well. Our star has just plummeted and we are left empty and without words of comfort.
What is that? It is a Terrible Towel ,Chuckle A Terrible Towel?, Yes it is a Terrible Towel for you and your son. Over this left shoulder it went. Never to be seen or heard from again. I am always so misunderstood.

sofia

Unread postby sofia » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:47 pm

Thank God! We are free of her name now!
No more chupacabra!

shaman-art

Unread postby shaman-art » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:53 pm

Oh boy.....FINALLY! :sigh:

Johanna

Unread postby Johanna » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:00 pm

Oh my gosh! I never expected this when I logged on this morning! Wow! Thank God, I'm so relieved!!!

:loveshower: :smiliewithhearts: :cloud9: :cheers: :bounce: :applause2:

I am hoping and praying that Johnny can take some time for himself, heal, and come back an even better person than when this started. :daisyforyou :goodvibes:
Hi Mom! (a.k.a. Radwen)

"Sometimes I believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Alice Kingsley

"You may kill me, but you may never insult me." - Jack Sparrow

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:02 pm

I am so very glad it is behind him. Hard road, hard victory. Stay steady Johnny, we will always have your back.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Return to “News & Views”