PIRATES 5 Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
SnoopyDances

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Thu May 18, 2017 10:01 pm

I am able to view it. I think you have to login to FB to see the video.
I didn't see it when I wasn't logged in.

Orlando is walking the carpet and signing.
And Brenton Thwaites ? is being interviewed.

I doubt Johnny has been on yet.

Big crowd.

SnoopyDances

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Thu May 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Johnny is signing now....without the white jacket.

FB feed appears to be over...Youtube link is still working.
Last edited by SnoopyDances on Thu May 18, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby Theresa » Thu May 18, 2017 10:20 pm

Chocolat wrote:I found this link on YouTube, It says it's Live.

I can see the YouTube stream! Boy I wish we had that link when they were interviewing Johnny earlier.

Ah, I see it's not the "official" stream...so we might not have seen the interview anyway.

Lbock

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby Lbock » Thu May 18, 2017 10:20 pm

Thank you...saw it. Was afraid to return here to respond in case I lost stream

Maritza1

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby Maritza1 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:38 pm

You're Welcome .... I was lucky to watch the movie at a screening last Monday ... Stay after the credits and watch it on IMAX the special effects are fantastic ! The story is very entertaining CGI young Captain Jack Sparrow looks too real :bigwink: and Johnny's acting Awesome :applause2: I will definitely watch it again and will buy the DVD :captainjack:

*If you missed the live carpet they will replay it on same link :dancingpirate:

SnoopyDances

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Thu May 18, 2017 10:39 pm

You can now see the FB version without being logged in.

Johnny's interview is at the beginning. :loveshower:

brunasouzota

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby brunasouzota » Fri May 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Jerry B. and Orlando about Johnny... :loveshower: :smiliewithhearts:

Orlando Bloom Defends Johnny Depp Following Personal & Legal Woes: He's One of the Most 'Stand-Up People I've Ever Met'

People
Lindsay Kimble
19 May 2017

Despite Johnny Depp‘s recent personal and financial turmoil, Orlando Bloom is sticking by his friend and castmate.

Addressing the controversy surrounding Depp – most recently, involving an ongoing legal battle with his former business partners – Bloom said at the Thursday Los Angeles premiere of Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, “The man that I know and love is the man who’s here tonight, and he’s like on form and does everything the right way. ”

“You know, people go through all kinds of weird stuff in the world and it’s just a shame that it has to be dragged out in public,” continued Bloom, 40. “Because, God knows he’s been one of the most private and stand-up people I’ve ever met.”

Earlier this month, details of Depp’s $25 million lawsuit against his ex-managers Joel and Rob Mandel at TMG were revealed, as the agency filed a countersuit in which the actor was labeled as a hopeless spendthrift who squandered millions on extravagances like fine wine and art against their advice.

In their countersuit, TMG alleged that Depp paid $3.6 million a year for a 40-person staff, $30,000 a month on wine, $400,000 on a diamond cuff for his ex-wife Amber Heard and $5 million to shoot the ashes of his friend, author Hunter S. Thompson, out of a cannon in Aspen.

The legal saga closely followed the unraveling of Depp and Heard’s marriage, and a divorce wrought with accusations of domestic abuse against the actor.

Pirates producer Jerry Bruckheimer also spoke in defense of Depp at Thursday’s premiere, saying, “He’s a fabulous guy, a great artist and he’s here and he’s excited to be here for the premiere.”

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales hits theaters on May 26.

Last edited by Joni on Fri May 19, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Article embedded
:heart4: Johnny is my life forever. :kiss: :hug2: :twohearts:

Judymac

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby Judymac » Fri May 19, 2017 7:19 pm

Thank you Brunosouzota, I loved this article. :toastingpirates:

brunasouzota

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby brunasouzota » Fri May 19, 2017 8:04 pm

:ok: Judymac :dancingpirate:

More and more and many Pirates of the Caribbean... :lovedrunk: :loveshower: :hope: :cheers:
:heart4: Johnny is my life forever. :kiss: :hug2: :twohearts:

ForeverYoung

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Sat May 20, 2017 2:55 pm

I heard the next premiere will most likely be London on May 24. Johnny will go to Japan in June.
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

clare d (london)

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby clare d (london) » Sat May 20, 2017 6:06 pm

SPOILERS WARNING!!!!

Behind the scenes & bloopers on the set of Pirates Of The Caribbean 5!! :dancingpirate:
(If you're as thirsty as I am, you'll enjoy this :) )

Link removed -- already posted in Video Forum
~Joni
"I was gonna hide.............it's in my nature." - Golden Globes red carpet 2006
True Johnnydepp-zoner since 2001

redrascal1

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby redrascal1 » Sun May 21, 2017 6:11 am

Maritza1 wrote:You're Welcome .... I was lucky to watch the movie at a screening last Monday ... Stay after the credits and watch it on IMAX the special effects are fantastic ! The story is very entertaining CGI young Captain Jack Sparrow looks too real :bigwink: and Johnny's acting Awesome :applause2: I will definitely watch it again and will buy the DVD :captainjack:

*If you missed the live carpet they will replay it on same link :dancingpirate:

How do you rate it compared to 4?

Hopefully Maritza1 will answer this in our movie discussion thread.
~Joni

clare d (london)

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby clare d (london) » Sun May 21, 2017 9:34 am

Thanks for editing Joni. Apologies I didn't check the video board. :heart:
"I was gonna hide.............it's in my nature." - Golden Globes red carpet 2006
True Johnnydepp-zoner since 2001

bringmethathorizon

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby bringmethathorizon » Sun May 21, 2017 9:10 pm

I just completed watching all Pirate movies in Blue Ray , plus the bonus features. So I am ready!! I must say that of course P1 will always be my favorite, but At Worlds End is a very close second. They are life changing movies for me and my favorite movies of all time. On Stranger Tides was good, but I definitely missed the Gore Verbinski feel of it. The score from AWE is my all time favorite, it touches me in so many ways. I'm not going to read any stories or reviews until after the movie, I still think I know to much of what is going to happen. If any one else has had a Pirate marathon, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Cant wait to see it opening night here and read everyones review! I'll either be at the movie or on the computer. Now bring me that horizon..
"This is the one I'll be remembered for"
Edward D. Wood, Jr.

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby Theresa » Tue May 23, 2017 10:43 pm

INTERVIEW: Javier Bardem talks Johnny Depp, creating a new iconic villain for “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales”

by Mike Celestino
Insidethemagic.net
May 23, 2017

Spanish thespian Javier Bardem has been performing in television and movies since he was five years old, but he didn’t receive international recognition until the 2000 indie darling “Before Night Falls.” He went on to wow American audiences — not to mention win the Academy Award — for his terrifying turn as the sociopathic hitman Anton Chigurh in the Coen Brothers’ neo-classic “No Country For Old Men,” and then portray the memorable Bond villain Silva in 2012’s acclaimed “Skyfall.”

Now Bardem has a central role as the undead pirate-hunter Captain Salazar in Disney’s new “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.” Over the weekend, I sat down with Bardem (and a few other reporters) to learn what it took to bring Salazar to (after)life.

Q: You acted alongside Johnny Depp once before. How was it reuniting with him on-screen?

JAVIER BARDEM: Bad. It was bad. [laughs] Because he looks exactly the same [as he did] seventeen years ago. I [thought], “Man, what happened?” I’ve aged, he hasn’t. He hasn’t aged. I can tell you, [holds up his finger and thumb inches apart] I was this close.

He was exactly the same, back in the day, in 1999, he was a gentle guy. Nice, caring, generous actor who flew from the States to Vera Cruz, Mexico to help us with “Before Night Falls,” [directed by] Julian Schnabel. I love that movie. And he helped us by playing two roles. I was a little bit star-struck when he came to the set, because it’s Johnny Depp, and he’s been so nice coming all the way to Mexico to help us. And I played this scene [with him], and we [had] a kiss. And we kiss each other [makes kissing noise]. He didn’t write me back. [laughs]

And then he kissed my wife [Penelope Cruz, in “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides”] so it’s kind of between the family now. [laughs] And then I’ve seen him through the years, and I was [on the] “Pirates 4” set, and he’s a gentleman. And when I worked with him on this one, I was just amazed by how he is as a clown, to become this character so easily. And the first time [I was acting opposite him] I had to cut the scene, I had to cut the takes because I was laughing. As a moviegoer, I was like, “Wow, here he is! Here is Jack Sparrow!” He will do and say everything he wants and it will be brilliant, because he knows so well. And he’s a player, he likes to play, and he won’t ever let you down. He’s always very caring about the person in front [of him] and giving the exact game for the other actor to play with. He will never let you down. That’s my experience with him.

Q: What was your experience seeing the first “Pirates of the Caribbean” movie?

BARDEM: I was in Iceland, in a little tiny fisherman village on holiday [in 2003], and then I saw a movie theater and said, “Okay, I’ll get there,” because I already did my tourist thing. And it was a long time since I [had seen] any pirate movie on screen. [I was] very curious to see this. And I was blown away by Johnny’s work. By the movie [too], but Johnny’s work [primarily]. Like, “Wow, that is challenging.” Now we see [Jack Sparrow] so easily, but back in the day he really took a risk and he scored the goal. And I loved it. And since then I’ve seen them all and some are better than others, but all of them [have] an amazing quality, amazing production value. They are made to entertain, and they are entertaining.

Q: Did you have any hesitation about joining the cast for the fifth entry in the series?

BARDEM: No, I knew that the production value of it was going to be fantastic, because I was on [the] “Pirates 4” set so I saw how everything worked out so well. It was more about what to play and what to bring. And [producer] Jerry Bruckheimer, from the very beginning, was very generous in bringing ideas. And me, along with the directors [Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg] started to create the character: the way he would talk and speak and where he would come from. The looks were [already partially] decided and [partially] to be decided. We made it together. That’s great, for a movie like this. You think everything is by the book. No, it’s the opposite. They really encourage you to bring your input, which is great.

Q: Can you talk about the makeup process for this movie? How was Salazar’s look accomplished?

BARDEM: It was me without sunscreen. [laughs] There was three hours [worth of] makeup. It drives you nuts. The first thing they do is to give you coffee. They’re nice. It’s five o’clock in the morning, it’s cold. You have a fourteen-hour day ahead of you, and they give you coffee. And the second thing they do is to put glue all over your face, like actual glue, with a brush. Like you have a dog [licking] your face. And then they put these chicken breasts on you. And then you don’t talk, eat, or drink for the next three hours. And then you just have to get crazy. They say “Action!” and you [already] have the rage of the character [ready to go].

My hair [in the movie] is crazy. The first time I saw it on screen, I didn’t know how it was going to look, and I was really pleased and grateful for the people who did it. Because it really helps the performance. It gives this softness. It’s great. The effects came after the performance. They adjusted to the performance, which is good. I was worried about that, like, “Should I do something?” And they [said], “No no no, do your thing and we’ll adjust to what you do.” And it’s great. It’s funny because I thought of my character like being a wounded bull, a wounded animal, and sometimes I would be very aggressive on the movements. And I didn’t think about, “If I do that, what will they do with the hair?” But it looks great.

Q: You’ve played several iconic villains at this point. Do you enjoy playing villains?

BARDEM: I’m nice. I’m the nicest guy in the world. Gandhi [next] to me, is nobody. [laughs] No, listen… this is a job. I do what they offer me, and then among what they offer I try to get the best [roles]. But I’m always saying that I’ve only done three villains: “No Country,” “Skyfall,” and this one. But they’ve been very powerful movies, so I guess that’s why the echoes of them are bigger, because they belong to good movies. Different genres, but strong movies.

[Playing a villain] is a gift. It’s a gift that I have the chance to put that out. I think one of the great gifts of being an actor is to be able to give room to your hundreds of thousands of characters that we all hold inside. One of them is rage. And it’s good to give it a voice.

Q: What do you hope audiences get out of “Dead Men Tell No Tales”?

BARDEM: [I am] a father and [I] want to make a movie that entertains, that brings joy and laughter. It’s as important as [doing] other kinds of movies that help you to reflect. [This kind of movie is] not less important [than that kind]. The risk is being in a good one, and I think this is a good one.

Return to “News & Views”