PIRATES 5 Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Judymac

Re: PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby Judymac » Mon May 15, 2017 1:01 pm

I think the Pirates movies will continue as long as Johnny wants to do them. Johnny is Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Jack Sparrow is Johnny Depp. Johnny 's portrayal of the quirky Captain Jack is why people fell in love with the POTC series. I don't think a Pirates movie without Johnny would have mass appeal.

marija

Unread postby marija » Mon May 15, 2017 1:35 pm

Judymac wrote:I think the Pirates movies will continue as long as Johnny wants to do them. Johnny is Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Jack Sparrow is Johnny Depp. Johnny 's portrayal of the quirky Captain Jack is why people fell in love with the POTC series. I don't think a Pirates movie without Johnny would have mass appeal.

:captainjack: :toastingpirates:
Without Capt. Johnny ??? No :facepalm:
...it's not easy, to be different..."

Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Mon May 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Hackers Holding Disney’s Latest ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ For Ransom

Deadline.com
by Anita Busch
May 15, 2017 2:12pm

Disney’s upcoming Johnny Depp film Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales has been pilfered by ransom hackers seeking payment the the studio. The hackers have demanded that an enormous amount of money be paid to Bitcoin. Disney is currently working with the FBI and will not pay.

Although Disney CEO Bob Iger did not reveal which movie the ransom hackers claim to have, he did reveal to ABC employees during a town hall meeting in New York Monday that the incident had occurred. The hackers said they would release bits of the film — in increments — if their demands weren’t met. Deadline learned that it was, indeed, Jerry Bruckheimer’s fifth in the Pirates franchise which is scheduled for release on May 26th.

Disney would not comment, but insiders said that they refuse to pay. This follows the same issue that Netflix faced when a ransom hacker spilled out 10 episodes of the next season of Orange Is the New Black to the Internet when Netflix also refused to ante up.

Disney Chief Bob Iger Says Hackers Claim to Have Stolen Upcoming Movie

Hollywod Reporter
1:25 PM PDT 5/15/2017
by Pamela McClintock

He says the hackers are demanding a ransom, which the company won't pay.
Have real-life pirates taken aim at Disney?

Walt Disney CEO Bog Iger revealed Monday that hackers claiming to have access to a Disney movie are demanding a ransom. Iger didn't disclose the name of the film, but said Disney isn't paying. The company — which is working with federal investigators — is now waiting to see if the hackers makes good on the threat and release the movie.

Iger's comments came during a town hall meeting with ABC employees in New York City, according to multiple sources.

Disney's upcoming theatrical release slate include Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, which opens this Friday, and Cars 3 (June 16). Rumors circulated online last week that work print of Star Wars: The Last Jedi had been pirated and being held for ransom but days later online chatter tipped that rumor as a hoax. The studio had no comment.

The Disney chief said the hackers demanded that a huge sum be paid on Bitcoin. They are threatening to release five minutes of the film the first time and then in 20-minute chunks until their financial demands are met.

While movie piracy has long been a scourge, ransoms appear to be a new twist.

The ransom demand of Disney comes only weeks after a hacker uploaded 10 episodes of the upcoming season of Orange Is the New Black to The Pirate Bay after Netflix refused to pay an undisclosed amount. The episodes were posted on Pirate Bay six weeks ahead of the series' official June 9 launch.

Several Hollywood agencies have also been targeted by hackers with extortion plots in recent months, including UTA, ICM and WME.

Last edited by Joni on Mon May 15, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Complete articles embedded

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Mon May 15, 2017 6:04 pm

Oh, for goodness sake! :bored:

Bloody pirates! :dancingpirate: :pirategunshot:

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Tue May 16, 2017 7:53 pm

SnoopyDances wrote:Bloody pirates! :dancingpirate: :pirategunshot:

Nice.
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Tue May 16, 2017 10:53 pm

jruoss wrote:Remember how Jack suddenly had that red X on his cheek in P4? I was re-watching Finding Neverland not long ago, and couldn't help but notice a similar X on Johnny's fantasy Neverland pirate. Could be pure coincidence, I'm not saying these red X's are exactly the same, but I wouldn't be shocked if Johnny or Joel Harlow remembered that from FN and decided Jack should have one...

Much too similar to be a coincidence, don'tcha think?

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Thu May 18, 2017 5:58 pm

Theresa wrote:
jruoss wrote:Remember how Jack suddenly had that red X on his cheek in P4? I was re-watching Finding Neverland not long ago, and couldn't help but notice a similar X on Johnny's fantasy Neverland pirate. Could be pure coincidence, I'm not saying these red X's are exactly the same, but I wouldn't be shocked if Johnny or Joel Harlow remembered that from FN and decided Jack should have one...

Much too similar to be a coincidence, don'tcha think?

Hey, I hope not. I like the idea that there'd be an intentional link between the two. Neverland seems like the perfect "warm up" for the POTC world in many ways, even though it wasn't released until after COBTP. :captainjack:
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

Maritza1

Unread postby Maritza1 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:31 pm

:signhi: Also live video of red carpet US premiere on Facebook @PiratesOfTheCaribbean 6pm PST today Thursday 18 ☺ :captainjack:

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Thu May 18, 2017 8:48 pm

Maritza1 wrote::signhi: Also live video of red carpet US premiere on Facebook @PiratesOfTheCaribbean 6pm PST today Thursday 18 ☺ :captainjack:

Thanks for the heads-up, Maritza!!

:toastingpirates:

Lbock

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby Lbock » Thu May 18, 2017 9:20 pm

I don't know how to see the live stream red carpet...help please?

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby Theresa » Thu May 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Lbock wrote:I don't know how to see the live stream red carpet...help please?

It doesn't seem to have started yet. I think when you go to the Facebook page link posted above,...that's where it's going to be.

Not really sure, though.

Lbock

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby Lbock » Thu May 18, 2017 9:26 pm

Thank you... confusing as people are posting pics on twitter

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby Theresa » Thu May 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Apparently they're streaming now, but I can't get it to play on my computer. I did see a picture of Johnny...I sure wish I could get the stream to work for me.

Chocolat

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby Chocolat » Thu May 18, 2017 9:43 pm

I'm trying to view the live stream as well but have been unsuccessful. I think there's an overload, making the streaming lock up.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Chocolat

PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby Chocolat » Thu May 18, 2017 10:00 pm

I found this link on YouTube, It says it's Live.

~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

Return to “News & Views”