PIRATES 5 Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Lbock

Re: PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby Lbock » Thu May 11, 2017 7:06 am

Disney’s “Pirates” rolls out red carpet for rare China premiere

Pictures!

**Please see the Recent Pics forum for the pictures.
~Joni

Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Fri May 12, 2017 7:03 am

Johnny Depp On Kissing Javier Bardem And 'Husband Wife Relationship' With Barbossa
In Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 the love-hate between Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow and Geoffrey Rush's Captain Barbossa may be nearing its end

Puja Talwar
ndtv.com
May 12, 2017 16:05 IST (Shanghai)

Johnny Depp's own team admits he is unpredictable in real life as he is on reel but when the actor met the press in Shanghai, he certainly didn't seem lost in translation. Swaggering down the red carpet at the premiere of the fifth Pirates Of The Caribbean movie on Thursday, Johnny Depp seemed to carry a lot of Captain Jack Sparrow with him. At the press conference a day later, he spoke at length about what has become his most famous role, transcending other iconic characters Johnny Depp has played in the past like Edward Scissorhands. He was in fine fettle, describing Jack Sparrow as an 'amoeba' and his relationship with frenemy Hector Barbossa as 'stubborn husband and wife.'

"When you start a character like that, he really has no arc. He would be always like this - ignorant, irreverent, you know how that character can translate. I was always pleased to see the acceptance to Jack. He is like an amoeba - I find the humour and absurdities and I represent it to be stupid and nuts, like a child," said Johnny Depp, who was nominated for an Oscar for playing the swashbuckling high seas pirate in the first film, The Curse Of The Black Pearl.

In the fifth, titled Dead Men Tell No Tales in USA and Salazar's Revenge everywhere else, the love-hate between Johnny Depp's Jack Sparrow and Geoffrey Rush's Captain Barbossa may be nearing its end - what could be the final film in the franchise has found a new nemesis for Jack Sparrow - Armando Salazar, a wrathful and ghostly buccaneer, played by the deadly Javier Bardem.

"I think secretly Barbossa enjoys our stubborn husband wife relationship. I think secretly he has proven to be there for me, he doesn't want me to have anyone else and that's how we have played with our relationship over the years. Bringing in Javier - we have been friends for a long time and I have kissed him on the mouth, ya, and even his wife," revealed Johnny Depp.

Javier Bardem (his wife Penelope Cruz starred in the previous Pirates film) just got his brief confused, it seems - he claims Salazar was meant to be 'hot and sexy.' At the press conference, he said, "Jerry (producer Jerry Bruckheimer) told me that Vicky Cristina Barcelona was a joke, I was meant to be hot and sexy and I said 'I am in' and then they sent me drawings and I was like 'really?'" He was just kidding, folks. "I loved it and I thought he is powerful and, imagine, three hours make up," Javier Bardem said.

Johnny Depp was all praises for both his famous co-stars. "Having Javier in the film as the villain - I was looking forward to see what he would do. I was amazed watching him, he is so perfect - black death dribbling out off his mouth. He has played it with such rage and passion but he is such a touching character and so is Geoffrey," he said.

Could this really be the last of Jack Sparrow's adventures? It seems Johnny Depp may have just spilt the beans. "It's been amazing working with such a cast. I wish they hadn't fired me but I will be back," he said (dare we say, joked?). But no fear, Will Turner's son is here - Henry Turner has been added to the dramatis personae and is played by actor Brenton Thwaites (who, before the premiere in Shanghai, had never seem Johnny Depp out of costume). Will there be a Pirates Of The Caribbean 6 about the adventures of Captain Henry Turner? Never say never.

Tara

Unread postby Tara » Sat May 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Does anyone know if the LA Premiere been confirmed as 18th and whether Johnny is likely to attend? I cannot find anything about it on the internet.

ForeverYoung

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Sat May 13, 2017 2:39 pm

Tara wrote:Does anyone know if the LA Premiere been confirmed as 18th and whether Johnny is likely to attend? I cannot find anything about it on the internet.

Yes, it will be at the Dolby Theater on May 18. Johnny is expected to attend but of course there are no guarantees. He usually does come to the ones in LA.

There will also be a premiere on May 26 in Australia but Johnny and the other big names will not be there. The Aquaman cast has been invited. This can get interesting if the one whose name we do not speak of shows up. :no2:
“Growing old is unavoidable, but never growing up is possible."

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Sat May 13, 2017 3:26 pm

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat May 13, 2017 4:09 pm

Awesome! !! :giddy:
I completely forgot about him!

Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Sat May 13, 2017 4:49 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:
Tara wrote:Does anyone know if the LA Premiere been confirmed as 18th and whether Johnny is likely to attend? I cannot find anything about it on the internet.

Yes, it will be at the Dolby Theater on May 18. Johnny is expected to attend but of course there are no guarantees. He usually does come to the ones in LA.

There will also be a premiere on May 26 in Australia but Johnny and the other big names will not be there. The Aquaman cast has been invited. This can get interesting if the one whose name we do not speak of shows up. :no2:

I'm amazed how you can gather so much info. Can't imagine they invited Aquaman cast after all the supposed trouble

ForeverYoung

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Sat May 13, 2017 5:24 pm

Here is the link to the article about the premiere in Australia.

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Sat May 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Remember how Jack suddenly had that red X on his cheek in P4? I was re-watching Finding Neverland not long ago, and couldn't help but notice a similar X on Johnny's fantasy Neverland pirate. Could be pure coincidence, I'm not saying these red X's are exactly the same, but I wouldn't be shocked if Johnny or Joel Harlow remembered that from FN and decided Jack should have one...
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

Lbock

Unread postby Lbock » Sat May 13, 2017 10:10 pm

ForeverYoung wrote:Here is the link to the article about the premiere in Australia.

While invitations have also been extended to Aquaman’s cast, it is not known if Amber Heard received — or accepted — an offer to join the audience to see her ex-husband reprise his popular Pirates character Captain Jack Sparrow.

It would be horrible if she showed up! Bringing those dogs in nearly cost Disney their tax savings

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Sun May 14, 2017 2:32 am

May I be allowed to quote:

The Curse of the Black Pearl was a fairly simple story: ghost pirates try to break their curse, they kidnap a girl, boy runs off to rescue her. There were other reasons it was a hit of course (Jack Sparrow, lots of action, Jack Sparrow, really funny, Jack Sparrow…) but that simplicity certainly helped.

Tshee-hee-hee :harhar: In short; Jack :biglaugh:
I have the quote from this article about P5

The article will probably not tell you anything, you didn't know already. But I do love, that the author acknowledge, that Jack is so very important to the Pirates of the Caribbean movies :love:

But to come back to something much more serious; what dunderhead has come up with the idea of inviting Amber Heard ???
I do hope, that is fake news :facepalm:

Tara

Unread postby Tara » Sun May 14, 2017 5:48 am

ForeverYoung wrote:

Thanks very much Forever Young! :thanks!:
I've left it too late now to attend. It's the same with the one today in Paris. I just can't seem to find the dates anywhere! Maybe I'll try my luck on a UK premiere for 24th. No news on that - or any others - at all I suppose? I wish powers-that-be would give out the dates.

I suppose that as a co-star 'she' would have been invited. More than likely would accept too. Doesn't like to miss a trick that one.

Judymac

Unread postby Judymac » Sun May 14, 2017 11:09 am

I think it is unlikely that Amber Heard would show up for this event. After she filed for divorce she filed the restraining order. Johnny had left the United States but she claimed she was extremely frightened of him even though he was thousands of miles away from her. She would look pretty foolish if she showed up at his event after claiming to be extremely frightened of him. But, she is very manipulative so I guess we will wait and see. I am so very happy that he is done with her!

ForeverYoung

Unread postby ForeverYoung » Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 am

https://twitter.com/disneyfr

The crew at Disney in Paris. No sign of Johnny in these but keep checking because he is expected to be there.

sparralet

Unread postby sparralet » Mon May 15, 2017 11:02 am

According to Daily News Pirates franchise isn't over yet, at least Brenton Thwaites says so:

Excerpt:

Thwaites tells us that Disney execs have locked down the talent for at least Nos. 6 through 10, and he hopes there will be yet more after that.
“I’m signed up for them, yeah,” says the 27-year-old Aussie actor, who joins the franchise as young Navy man Henry Turner.

Return to “News & Views”