Hollywood Vampires--All the latest news

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:39 pm

justintime

Unread postby justintime » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:33 pm

I didn’t listen to my copy of Rise as soon as I got it (on the 21st) because I wanted to read the words to all the songs, see who did what, and really listen to the whole thing in one sitting. Today I did just that. What a fabulous album! I’m soooooooo glad I got it. Johnny does vocals, either lead or contributing, on almost everything and even plays acoustic guitar on a couple songs, all of which are just wonderful. Congratulations twisted my heart.

One more comment, whenever Johnny is mentioned in any kind of piece these days he is credited as an actor, musician, producer, director, artist, writer - one or all. Another category must be included because I think it has always run through all his work, but now we know for sure: first and foremost, the man is a poet. :heart2:
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

gipsyblues

Unread postby gipsyblues » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:51 am

Congratulations to number one on the UK charts. :applause2:
Of course, I also bought the album and my favorite songs are:
:cool:
Heroes
We gotta rise
Congratulations
Ah , actually all songs . :music: :myheart: :music:

justintime

Unread postby justintime » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:36 pm

A very interesting, personal look at the making of the Rise album. The trust these men have between each other is extraordinary. IMHO, this little piece is well worth the read even though you’ve probably read bits of it already.

https://rockmusicstar.com/2019/07/11/ho ... #more-2792
"Stay low." ~ JD

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread postby Joni » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:51 pm

Justintime, thank you for that link. :thanks!:
Very interesting read, a very personal glimpse into their world.
Oh to be able to read Johnny's journals! :heart4:

Ruby Begonia

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:14 pm

Thanks for posting the link to that great review of the RISE album with interesting background stories about the songs, Justintime! I hadn't come across it and I'm really looking forward to listening to this album in its entirety.

Nice to see Tommy Henriksen getting the credit he deserves, too! :elvis:

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:10 am

This is not quite news about the Vampires - more a backstage story. But I hope, it's OK to post it here :love:

Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:04 am

meeps wrote:This is not quite news about the Vampires - more a backstage story. But I hope, it's OK to post it here :love:

Thanks meeps for the background story on Johnny's guitar strap image. I noticed it right away when he first wore it and was curious about it because it was quite unusual and very beautiful. Nice article about the very talented master leather artist, Dustyn Bustos.
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:48 am

You're very welcome :airkiss2:

Ruby Begonia

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:58 pm

I didn't find an actual source in this article, but Daily Star reported today that JD is putting acting on hold next summer to tour the UK with the Vampires, possibly playing at the June 12-14, 2020, Download Festival. Good news for UK fans!

In other news, Billboard reported that sales of Rise and other recent releases may have been harmed:

'An Endless Fiasco': Indie Retailers Describe Worsening Breakdown in Getting CDs, Vinyl Delivered to Record Stores

justintime

Unread postby justintime » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:24 pm

Don’t know where to put this question. Just wondering: Does Johnny still have a talent agent at CAA or elsewhere who is actively seeking out film projects for him? Almost seems like he’s content to just be out of the whole industry right now (can’t blame him one bit), but I wonder if he’s been offered anything that he’s actually turned down in favor of an HV Summer 2020 Tour.
"Stay low." ~ JD

Ruby Begonia

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:11 am

justintime wrote:Don’t know where to put this question. Just wondering: Does Johnny still have a talent agent at CAA or elsewhere who is actively seeking out film projects for him? Almost seems like he’s content to just be out of the whole industry right now (can’t blame him one bit), but I wonder if he’s been offered anything that he’s actually turned down in favor of an HV Summer 2020 Tour.

Other than FB3 that's to be filmed end of this year or start of next year, I recently saw rumors about him joining a Lord of The Rings or Chronicles of Narnia-type franchise update as well as a new comic book franchise (yuck, IMO). You never know what may pop up as news to us that's actually been in the works for sometimes years. I hope a great role in a great film comes his way soon. He's definitely been working on getting healthier and looking movie-star gorgeous! Maybe good reviews for WFTB and Turd being proven to be a liar will help.

Bryan Lourd, Managing Director of CAA, heads JD's team and Christian Carino may still be an agent on that team since he recently traveled to Utah with JD for probably Dior work. Lourd was thanked in the credits of The Professor. He is a major power player, so I'm sure there's a strategy but it must be hard for JD and everybody to navigate the viciously hostile media as well as all the lawsuits: The ongoing Sun defamation suit in England, the Bloom suit goes to trial on Dec 2, and the Turd defamation Feb 3rd. Good thing he has The Vampires for a musical stress outlet and the support of true friends. :guitar:

justintime

Unread postby justintime » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:00 am

Thank you, RubyBegonia, for your thoughts and information. I’m hoping Johnny’s not losing confidence with respect to films - not in his own acting ability, but with all the unrelenting negative forces out there who possess the power to shred anything he headlines, and have flexed their muscle this past year destroying The Professor. Johnny doesn’t seem to have anyone in his corner capable of successfully deflecting these career hits, blow for blow. They are now taking serious, irrevocable tolls, and attention is being paid. City of Lies seems headed for a similar fate, and Minamata is just waiting in the wings for its turn. WFTB is a different arena - Johnny’s part is small; Rylance is the headliner.

Enter: a lifeline known as the Hollywood Vampires. I’m grateful there’ve been so many recent, positive pieces written about the group as a whole, and RISE in particular, with many appreciative notes about Johnny’s playing and singing. Makes last Friday’s Guardian article (see link below) appear like a calculated hit job cynically predicated on the guesting/guitar playing Johnny Depp of years ago, not the JD we’ve been privy to more recently. But, the fact that tabloids are already sharpening their knives again and readying their aim should Johnny’s time and interest become more heavily and consistently invested in HV’s evolution is disgusting and concerning. What punishment will be enough before this innocent man is given the green light to rebuild his reputation, his career, his life?

"Stay low." ~ JD

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:29 am

I don't think his part in WFTB is small, he's being second billed by the Venice film festival. Only still they've released so far is of his character. So if immoral critics have agendas at work going into it, I guess we know the verdict.

As for the G article, notice how his name is briefly mentioned yet it's in the headline. Pure clickbait and proves he drives more web traffic.

They don't even give an example of his supposedly 'bad' singing or anything. :bored:
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

Return to “News & Views”