British GQ interview

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
meeps

British GQ interview

Unread postby meeps » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:09 pm

AH would probably prefer Johnny went away quietly and died ...
But what did she expect,when she falsely accused him of something like that? That he should just say “Thank you, my dear”?

Ruby Begonia

British GQ interview

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:51 pm

meeps wrote:AH would probably prefer Johnny went away quietly and died ...
But what did she expect,when she falsely accused him of something like that? That he should just say “Thank you, my dear”?

Yes, I am concerned, too, Meeps. I interpret this article quote to mean that he worries that she and her friends/followers are unstable and possibly dangerous to him and his loved ones. Maybe he's receiving threats?

We probably shouldn’t be talking about this,” continues Depp, “but I am worried. I worry about the people that bought it and I worry about her.

I think that's the main reason he hasn't appeared at some of the cast events. He's already planning to film FB3, therefore Warner Bros, Rowling, etc, are keeping him on board.

I wish I knew WB's take on this battle between the stars of its 2 upcoming blockbusters. Unless she's suddenly learned how to act, they may want to replace her in any future Aquaman films with a better actress. Her looks are common in Hollywood. Depp's court material next month could provide them with material that would make it easy for them to jettison her. :hope:

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

British GQ interview

Unread postby fireflydances » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:11 pm

I think the fact that Johnny decided to air his grievances in such a pointed manner says something important about what he is facing. He wouldn't have done this unless doing it was essential, and particularly to the studios and their financial backers who fund his work. And that is indeed daunting.

I know it raised my spirits to see some of this stuff finally in print. But it had to be horrible to lay it all out publicly. I am sorry he had to do it. I hope it has minimal effect -- don't want it spinning out there causing others pain. It's said, it's done, move on. Keeping my fingers crossed we are on the other side of the rapids.
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

nebraska

British GQ interview

Unread postby nebraska » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Well, I am a bit of an innocent, I guess. When I first read him say he "worries about her", I took it to mean he was concerned for her well being. After all, he loved her very much and even when couples break apart, there must be some remnant of caring left. I thought that maybe he thought she was unbalanced and headed for self destruction. I hope we are near the end of this ugly saga. What more could she do? :ohno:

Ruby Begonia

British GQ interview

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:18 pm

I'm glad Johnny is fighting back and I agree with firefly that it has become necessary to do so.

I am not on Twiiter or Facebook or Instagram (so :thankyou: to all Zoners for tolerating me here), I can view that on her social media she regularly represents herself as a victim of domestic violence and she has and continues to write articles and give speeches about that. She dropped all her accusations to gain money/ avoid jail ( remember the criminal atty Blair Berk that Johnny's ream brought to Heard's derposition, after which she hired a criminal defense atty?); she signed a nondisclosure agreement, therefore she is defying tbe settlement by continuing to subtlely accuse him of abusing her in her posts over the last few years.

Thanks to the unethical media's publishing of her unproven, sensational videos and stories, he is regarded by most as "trash," a domestic abuser, old has- been, " cancelled." Critic Scott Weinstein tweeted " wife beater" when Johnny came out on stage at San Diego Comic Con. One of Amber's fans tweeted prior to SDCC that she wished she could attend so that she could shoot Johnny. Amber doesn't look stable and has been violent towards Johnny. She filed for the TRO on LilyRose's bday and doesn't seem to mind her followers attacking Lily Rose. Imagine what she'd do if her big scheme crashes and burns when she's so close to succeeding?

I think it took Johnny a long time to get over the betrayal, attacks and heartbreak. I think the " SCAM" on his knuckles was the first sign he was coming up for air. I don't think she was the love of his life, the GQ writer suggested that. He obviously was hooked on her, but I don't think he has any positive feelings towards her anymore, but may be suffering some PTSD. Was it his or Wasser's idea not to respomd to Amber's allegations during and after the divorce (other than the first denial)? If it was Wasser's, that may be why Jolie broke with her. The dignified silence defense method doesn't seem effective these days.

Sweeney Todd

British GQ interview

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:02 am

I think he likely thought she'd actually leave him alone and go away after the settlement, but like a true abuser, she's turned around and has been milking it for all its worth since. She obviously felt very secure thinking the truth would never come out due to their agreement, which she never honored but used to silence him. Beyond shameless and despicable, really.
:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

Ade

British GQ interview

Unread postby Ade » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:03 pm

It is so interesting reading everyone's views and different takes on this interview.

I also took him saying that he worried about her at kind of face value - in that I really believe he is astonished at what she did - at how quickly (it seemed to him) that she changed, although looking back historically on various sites, you long standing Depp-heads clearly never liked or trusted her and were not surprised.

I've always been very struck by a comment he made about her early on that she 'got inside his head'. Not his heart - his head. Just my amateur take but I think she exercised some sort of sexual obsession/fascination for him. I imagine early on she was wild and fun and interesting - and then she used that in a controlling way.

One thing I think I have to correct Ruby Begonia is that on social media 'most' think he's trash. I don't think that's true - as some of you know I am a bit of a sad sack going through endless comment at the end of articles and to tweets, on instgram, youtube etc. Honestly - very often every single comment is anti her. Even if the article takes her side. It is just extraordinary that some media outlets continue with her when she attracts not only that level of negativity but when the comments are making factually based assertions.

I so, so pray that November brings some sort of certainty, although I suspect she'll just carry on with her narrative.

Ade

British GQ interview

Unread postby Ade » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:31 am

I should have offered this before - does anyone need me to send them a copy of GQ if you can't get it where you live? Very happy to do so, I think you can send me a private message with your address.

I've just bought three copies (two are for other people!) It's lovelier in print than on screen.

meeps

British GQ interview

Unread postby meeps » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:42 am

Ade wrote:I've always been very struck by a comment he made about her early on that she 'got inside his head'. Not his heart - his head. Just my amateur take but I think she exercised some sort of sexual obsession/fascination for him. I imagine early on she was wild and fun and interesting - and then she used that in a controlling way.

One thing I think I have to correct Ruby Begonia is that on social media 'most' think he's trash. I don't think that's true - as some of you know I am a bit of a sad sack going through endless comment at the end of articles and to tweets, on instagram, youtube etc. Honestly - very often every single comment is anti her. Even if the article takes her side. It is just extraordinary that some media outlets continue with her when she attracts not only that level of negativity but when the comments are making factually based assertions.

I so, so pray that November brings some sort of certainty, although I suspect she'll just carry on with her narrative.

I agree with you here.
I think though one of the things, which might have made Johnny stick out with her longer than he should have, is his tendency to always look for the good in people. And he wouldn't be the first person either - although we mostly hear about women doing that - who thought, that the bad person was just misunderstood, and needed love and safety to become a sweet caring human being again or for the first time in their lives.
Johnny strikes me as the romantic, who while being able to see quite clearly, that she behaves abominably, hopes he can help her out of that. Make her see, that it is much better for everybody including herself, if she will be sweet, gentle and nice.

As for the media - as has been said before; Johnny's name sells better.
And they tend to ignore the comments, who tell them, that he's actually innocent. because a story about an older/old dark haired/dark eyed man (who is also richer and probably more powerful) abusing a little innocent, beautiful, sexy (don't forget the sexy) blonde sells much better than the opposite.
The man abusing woman narrative appeals to both the male chauvinist, the white supremacist and the #metoo people - albeit for rather different reasons ...

Or that is at least my cynical take on it :biggrin:

Return to “News & Views”