FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
In-too-Depp

Unread postby In-too-Depp » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:29 am

Thanks for the new pics, I'm getting more and more excited for this, might even push myself to go to the cinema for this one and just hope for the best. :giddy:
And Wit, was his vain frivolous pretence
Of pleasing others, at his own expense

Rochester ,"Satyr" on Man

justintime

Unread postby justintime » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:49 am

In-too-Depp wrote:Thanks for the new pics, I'm getting more and more excited for this, might even push myself to go to the cinema for this one and just hope for the best. :giddy:

Awwwww - go for it, ItD. Pick a sunny, calm day, choose an afternoon showing, and ENJOY (I’m pushing 69 and JD films are the only ones I ever venture into a theater for these days; always by myself - no distractions tolerated)! :heart3:
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

In-too-Depp

Unread postby In-too-Depp » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:06 am

New poster.

justintime

Unread postby justintime » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:16 am

Very nice - have always loved the way he walks: heel to toe, heel to toe . . . His coat is perfection - soooo sexy! And the more gracefully he wields that wand, the more menacing he seems. Ok, will give it a rest, for now :heart2:

Thanks for posting, ItD!
"Stay low." ~ JD
"I don't like it in here . . . it's terribly crowded." ~ Hatter
"There's something about Johnny that breaks your heart." ~ John Logan, ST
"Tear deeper, Mother." ~ Wilmot

Chocolat

Unread postby Chocolat » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:25 am

justintime wrote:Very nice - have always loved the way he walks: heel to toe, heel to toe . . . His coat is perfection - soooo sexy! And the more gracefully he wields that wand, the more menacing he seems. Ok, will give it a rest, for now :heart2:

Thanks for posting, ItD!

Well said! And....never rest! :biggrin:
~ MAGICK HAPPENS ~
Through the years, for the many xoxo's, giggles & kindness...
thank you & love you Johnny.

SdubLU

Unread postby SdubLU » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Ohhh I reeeeally cannot wait to see this movie! Everything that we've got to see during the last weeks made me even more and more excited!!! I loved his appearance at the end of the first one and Johnny being part of the wizarding world is really a dream come true :loveshower:
And especially as such an interesting, dark but really fascinating, character as Grindelwald, which came way too short in the Harry Potter books (not to mention the movies, however, I really liked the choice of Jamie Campbell Bower as young Grundelwald in the movies). And that it isn't a minor role is especially awesome.
I grew up with Harry Potter and am still totally fascinated with the world (I just finished a few months ago another runthrough of the audio books, first time together with my boyfriend, he kind of had no choice but fortunately also really enjoyed it! :lol: ). I always imagined Johnny would also have been a good Sirius Black but now him as Grindewald in Fantastic Beasts is even sooo much better! :lovehearts: I'm sooo looking forward to learn more about Grindelwald. Since Dumbledore is one of my favorite characters in the Harry Potter story I hope that they make something good out of the potential of their relationship!

The new poster is really awesome, he looks sooo cool... I JUST CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER!!! :waiting:

In-too-Depp

Unread postby In-too-Depp » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:32 am

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:55 pm

From snitchseeker.com

Warner Bros. officially announced the London premiere of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, which is set to take place on Tuesday, November 13 at Leicester Square (home of the world premieres of various Harry Potter film installments). J.K. Rowling and the cast and crew are expected to attend, for everyone in and around the London area who want to see them and take part in the festivities.

Do note that this is not the world premiere for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - that will take place on November 8th in Paris.

Ruby Begonia

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:28 am

Tickets on sale now at Fandango and other movie sites!! :snoopydances: :giddy: :spin:

Ruby Begonia

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:28 pm

Excited to see this at the movie's IMAX Fan Event showing on the Tuesday before the actual release date since I can't make it to the London, Paris or New York premieres. :soda: Please be an excellent film or at least an excellent Johnny performance :hope:

From my layman's POV, the marketing/ PR rollout seems very well-planned and organized; going all out for that opening weekend total, given the heavy competition to follow. The currently projected $75mil opening weekend seems low - anybody else think so?

In-too-Depp

Unread postby In-too-Depp » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:24 am

Depending on if you want to know any of what's coming up in the new movie, there may be spoilers but they're very small. Not alot of detail, J.K. Rowling just explains more about the movie and storyline.

Ade

Unread postby Ade » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:40 am

I was racing onto here to say - go onto JK Rowling's twitter or something - this is fabulous! You get to see and hear a bit more of Grindelwald. That voice. Just wow.

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling

RumLover

Unread postby RumLover » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:37 pm

Ruby Begonia wrote:Excited to see this at the movie's IMAX Fan Event showing on the Tuesday before the actual release date since I can't make it to the London, Paris or New York premieres. :soda: Please be an excellent film or at least an excellent Johnny performance :hope:

From my layman's POV, the marketing/ PR rollout seems very well-planned and organized; going all out for that opening weekend total, given the heavy competition to follow. The currently projected $75mil opening weekend seems low - anybody else think so?

If we are guessing opening weekend, I would go a bit lower than $75m. This is mainly based on FB1 opening at $74m. While there are many people who are really excited about FB2, there are also people who saw FB1 but really didn't get into the characters or story enough to rush to the new one.
If FB2 has good audience reaction, it can build up box-office over weeks after opening.

Return to “News & Views”