FANTASTIC BEASTS: THE CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
Ade

Unread postby Ade » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:53 pm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... 83c2a6707d

Forbes article talking about which movie is expected to be the biggest grossing film for each month. Crimes of Grindelwald is November - and I really like the opening sentence because it is a pretty accurate summary "I'm not sure whether having Johnny Depp in a starring role as the key baddie will help the film in terms of PR and media narratives, but it won't hurt among general moviegoers and overseas audiences." It's pretty much what I've been feeling for a while now - the media keeps trying to whip up hate against him but it is all smoke and mirrors which is why his films grossed over a billion last year.

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:55 am

I love that quote too :truefan:
And I bet, that if Johnny was to read it himself - unlikely - or hear about it, he would love it too! He'll rather be loved by his 'employers' (us :heart: ) than by critics and gossip journalists, as far as I know :love:

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:24 pm

Sweeney Todd wrote:Image

Such a nice looking associate for a "villain" to have... Well done Grindewald!
"There is certainly a part of me that tends to be that loner. You never find me in the center of the crowd. I just like to stay back a little and hang in the shadows."

tralala

Unread postby tralala » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Fantastic Beasts scoop: All 5 movies will be set in different cities
JAMES HIBBERD January 16, 2018 AT 12:42 PM EST

J.K. Rowling has an ambitious globe-trotting master plan for the Fantastic Beasts franchise.

You already know the first film, 2016’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, was set in New York. And you’re probably aware the second title, The Crimes of Grindelwald, is largely set in Paris.

But now director David Yates confirms that having different cities in the first two films is actually two parts of a larger pattern that will continue through the remaining three movies.

“Yes,” Yates replied when asked if each film is set in a different city. “Jo’s already told us where the next one is taking place. It’s very exciting. This is a global story, ultimately. And given that there’s a global audience for this, it’s all the more delightful to take the story to different parts of the world.”

So which cities will the Fantastic Beasts wizard tour go next? That, of course, Yates wouldn’t reveal. But Germany would seem to be a likely target given all the World War II allusions in the story of Grindelwald (the prison Grindelwald eventually builds to house his enemies, for example, is called Nurmengard — which is speculated to have been inspired by the German city of Nuremberg). To see the wizarding world version of Japan would be amazing, so let’s hope for that. One clue would be the whereabouts of the fateful 1945 duel between Dumbledore and Grindelwald — since we know that’s coming eventually — but the location of that event not been previously disclosed.

Previously producer David Heyman explained how The Crimes of Grindelwald takes place almost entirely in Paris, though other cities are glimpsed as well. “We delve deeper into [J.K. Rowling’s] wizarding world — we’re in Paris, we’re in London and New York — the world is expanding,” Heyman says. “As you can tell from the [cast photo], we’re following quite a few characters. The new film has a very different feel than the first. It’s got a thriller quality. And it’s also a story about love and passion and all its forms — paternal, romantic, political. And it’s just a thrilling and very fun adventure. We took all we’ve learned from one and just expanded that and created a richer, deeper and more thrilling film which I’m excited to be a part of.”

The news comes as Warner Bros. released a couple new images over the weekend from The Crimes of Grindelwald, which arrives in theaters on Nov. 16.

redrascal1

Unread postby redrascal1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:18 pm

gipsyblues wrote:Wow ...... he looks so good !!! He is the perfect actor for the character of Grindelwald !!! I can't wait to see this great movie !!! :myheart:
Ditto. Although I love Johnny as the good guy some of his best roles are when he is playing scary characters. Two of my favourites - Sweeney Todd and Agent Sands. :sweeneydepp: :sands:

Judymac

Unread postby Judymac » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:44 pm

redrascal1 wrote:
gipsyblues wrote:Wow ...... he looks so good !!! He is the perfect actor for the character of Grindelwald !!! I can't wait to see this great movie !!! :myheart:
Ditto. Although I love Johnny as the good guy some of his best roles are when he is playing scary characters. Two of my favourites - Sweeney Todd and Agent Sands. :sweeneydepp: :sands:

I also love Mort Rainey

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:01 am

Win tickets to the premier!

Win tickets for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald premiere with Lumos

FRIDAY 8TH JUNE 2018
Today, Lumos have launched an exciting new prize draw that could see you flying off to see the new Fantastic Beasts film in New York, Paris or London. Here’s Eddie Redmayne to explain more…
Yes, J.K. Rowling’s charity Lumos is back with a new fundraising campaign – and there are prizes aplenty to be won. Allow Newt Scamander, sorry, Eddie Redmayne, to explain further.

As Eddie mentions, there is a bountiful array of prizes up for grabs simply by donating $10 or more to Lumos' CrowdRise page. All of your donations will go towards Lumos’s chief cause: to reunite orphaned children with their families.

The top prize will see you and a guest flown to one of the three premieres that are taking place for the release of The Crimes of Grindelwald: New York, Paris or London. You’ll be flown to your premiere of choice, put up in a swanky 4-star hotel, and even get a chance to meet the cast of the new film. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Other prizes include a Fantastic Beasts gold-foiled print (as designed by graphic design duo MinaLima), a Fantastic Beasts t-shirt, and a signed screenplay of the new film by J.K. Rowling herself. And remember, even if you don’t win, every entry will help Lumos continue its amazing work.

Georgette Mulheir, the CEO of Lumos, explained just why your donation is so important.

‘Every entry helps fund Lumos’ work to shine a light on the 8 million children trapped in orphanages and institutions around the world. Children thrive in families, not orphanages, and everyone who enters can be proud that they are helping Lumos achieve its mission to support all children to grow up in loving family care.’

You can start making your donations on Crowdrise from today, with the prize draw ending 6 July. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald opens in theatres worldwide on 16 November.

Ruby Begonia

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:24 pm

Link is to an article in Italian that summarizes a new trailer shown at a film convention in Italy on July 4th, not the trailer itself. My phone translated it to English, so hopefully yours will translate to your preferred language. Best part is this:

Our source claims that the trailer got an excellent response in the hall with vigorous applause. Needless to say, we can not wait!

:applause2:

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:26 pm

Interview with Jude Law/Dumbledore. Johnny mentioned shortly at the bottom :heart:

SnoopyDances

Unread postby SnoopyDances » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:09 pm

meeps wrote:Interview with Jude Law/Dumbledore. Johnny mentioned shortly at the bottom :heart:

And keep a weather eye :-O on Comic Con 2018 this week.
It is expected that a new trailer will premier and a panel of FB stars (as yet unnamed) will appear, probably Saturday.

Ruby Begonia

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:33 pm

Interesting article about Jude's Dumbledore role. Wonder if he was supposed to reveal that he and Grindelwald didn't have any scenes together, since that's what many are excited to see.

Nice to hear Jude has always admired Jobnny from afar, but I find it difficult to believe they've never met, since Jude married Sadie Frost, Kate Moss's best friend. He was also one of the 3 actors, along with Johnny and Colin Farrell, to complete Heath Ledger's role in the Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus, donating their salaries to Ledger's daughter. Guess it's possible since Jude is younger. :perplexed3:

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Jude also emphasizes that this is only Part Two of a longer story. He states that he doesn't know Johnny and that "suits the relationship... as it’s been many years since they’ve seen each other. So there’s complexity in that that’s fun to mine. Again, the past will reveal itself." I think he might be hinting that they will be together in perhaps the next movie. Was it a total of four movies or three?
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:28 am

I have heard five movies, so we have something to look forward to :loveshower:

fireflydances
ONBC Moderator

Unread postby fireflydances » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:32 am

meeps wrote:I have heard five movies, so we have something to look forward to :loveshower:

Wow! Thank you meeps!
"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed and some few to be chewed and digested." Sir Francis Bacon, Of Studies

Ruby Begonia

Unread postby Ruby Begonia » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:09 am

fireflydances wrote:Jude also emphasizes that this is only Part Two of a longer story. He states that he doesn't know Johnny and that "suits the relationship... as it’s been many years since they’ve seen each other. So there’s complexity in that that’s fun to mine. Again, the past will reveal itself." I think he might be hinting that they will be together in perhaps the next movie. Was it a total of four movies or three?

:thankyou: Firefly! I'm looking forward to it, too! Thought Jude was lovely in The Holiday & Imaginarium, and he seems to have that smart, funny mischievous personality that would create great chemistry with Johnny in any film.

Return to “News & Views”