Johnny in Marilyn Manson's video "Say10"

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
CryBaby

Unread postby CryBaby » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:17 am

I don't really understand the video and I appreciate other's takes on it. It is not something I would go out of my way to see except for Johnny being in it. Theirs is a fascinating friendship. I'm probably just a dirty old woman, but I would like the video better if the women were clothed and Johnny and Manson were naked. Just saying.

meeps

Unread postby meeps » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:56 am

Oh, I agree :biggrin: But naked men in the video would turn even more people against it ... There's no equality among the genders there. The poor men are not allowed to be naked and sexy on screen :flirt:

RumLover

Unread postby RumLover » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 am

I don't expect to watch it again so these are quick thoughts.
I do acknowledge that it as a stylish well-made video that fits the music.
I have never understood the appeal of Marilyn Manson (his music and his persona) and still don't.
Nudity does not bother me (it works better than costumes some cases) but I always dislike a spread legs shot.

gipsyblues

Unread postby gipsyblues » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:10 am

:agreesign: CryBaby :applause2: :harhar: :rotflmao:

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:40 pm

I'm not even going to try and analyze what the story of the video is... If it's supposed to be Cain "corrupting" Abel (Johnny's character), Abel seems pretty game from the start...
The thing that really strikes me is how much Johnny in this reminds me of a scene from The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus where Heath Ledger is sitting alone on top of the wagon making strange movements with his hands and looking rather demonic. I think it's the one scene where Heath resembles Johnny the most, to the point of being momentarily fooled. Of course the white suit the Tony's wear in the movie are part of the resemblance I see to Johnny in this video...
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

Vanilla Night

Unread postby Vanilla Night » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:26 pm

I watched this video yesterday. Hair a little stood on end. :yikes: Johnny in the video is some kind of detached. He is beyond what is happening. He is the very embodiment of a secret power. The embodiment of a sleeping, powerful volcano :mwahaha: .

Forgive me for my frankness, but in this image I do not want it as a woman. :-D Where more I had a desire to get to bed when Johnny was in "Chocolate" or an advertising video Savage. :blush: :drool:
From Russia with love! :lovehearts:

Return to “News & Views”