PIRATES 5 Updates

Discuss the latest Johnny Depp news, his career, past and future projects, and other related issues.
flo116

Re: PIRATES 5 Updates

Unread postby flo116 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:58 am

I am so glad to hear the good reviews :goodvibes: :applause2: only two months til we get to see it.
"What interested me was that he has so many faces" "But each one is completely pure & innocent" Francois Marie Banier about Johnny

Theresa
JDZ Webmaster

Unread postby Theresa » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:40 pm

I particularly liked this comment posted on the Hollywood Reporter article

Thanks for posting those, emma! :lovehearts:

sparralet

Unread postby sparralet » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:15 pm

New posters

Jack's Wench

Unread postby Jack's Wench » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:10 pm

:loveshower: :loveshower: :giddy: :giddy:

Thank you Sparralet.

Theresa, love that Tweet :lol:
Dreams really do come true!
Just Believe....... 26th April 2007

"We're having too good a time today, we ain't thinking about tomorrow"

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:16 am

:sweeneydepp: Never forget. Never forgive. :sweeneydepp:

RumLover

Unread postby RumLover » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:23 pm

I noticed my local cinema chain is listing the running time of POTC:Dead Men Tell No Tales as 129 minutes.
This makes it the shortest Pirates movie. For comparison, I checked imdb which has a different running time for POTC5.
According to imdb POTC5=135mins, POTC4=136mins, POTC3=169mins, POTC2=151mins, POTC=143mins.

coolcat328

Unread postby coolcat328 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:57 am

http://onlyinhollywood.org/?post_type=alerts&p=5378
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/201 ... isneyland/
http://www.seeing-stars.com/Calendar/in ... #premieres
Pirates 5 LA premiere will not be held at Disneyland and it's on May 18th.
Wednesday, May 18, 2017 - time TBA
(arrivals are likely to start between 5 PM and 6:30 PM)

at the El Capitan Theatre.
6838 Hollywood Blvd, in Hollywood
(location tentative)

(no press release available)

Joni
JDZ Global Moderator

Unread postby Joni » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:54 am

I don't know how reliable that information about the Premier is -- for starters, May 18th is not a Wednesday. It might be a good idea to wait for the official announcement.
Johnny Depp is a real artist. He’s a really brilliant, brilliant actor. He’s fearless; he’s imaginative; he’s ambitious.
~David Yates, Director

coolcat328

Unread postby coolcat328 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:29 pm

Joni wrote:I don't know how reliable that information about the Premier is -- for starters, May 18th is not a Wednesday. It might be a good idea to wait for the official announcement.

It might be just a little mistake for the third website because those three different websites basically state the same thing in different ways...

jruoss

Unread postby jruoss » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:38 pm

I like this kid.
"I feel I am good sitting on a beach with a breeze going by, the waves hitting the beach."
"I've got a lot of Barbies in storage..."
"The Mad Hatter is the Mad Hatter. What am I going to do, play him like Lee Majors?"

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Exclusive New Look At Pirates Of The Caribbean: Salazar’s Revenge

Pirates Of The Caribbean is setting sail for its fifth voyage soon – and with the new issue of Empire also dropping anchor this week, we bring bounty from Davy Jones’ Locker. Specifically, a brand new and exclusive image from the film known as Salazar’s Revenge here in the UK, and Dead Men Tell No Tales in the US. Take a look below, and click to embiggen.

► Show Spoiler

Here, we see Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp, in possibly his final Pirates adventure) squaring up to old sparring partner Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush), both of whom have appeared in every film in the franchise thus far. Speaking to Empire, the cast and crew seemed keen to return to the spirit of 2003’s franchise opener, The Curse Of The Black Pearl.

“I like all of the films in the franchise, but the first one is my first love,” says Joachim Rønning, the Norwegian co-director of the new film. “For me, it was important to come back to a character dynamic where it is about relatable, real people — some of the people are real, at least — then Jack Sparrow comes in and crashes the party. It was also very important to bring more comedy back in. I feel like they lost some of the humour. This is Buster Keaton on steroids.”

Buster Keaton on steroids sounds like something we would watch. For the full insane story on Salazar’s Revenge, which takes in script delays, mass vomiting, cast injuries and a homicidal monkey, pick up a copy of the new issue of Empire, on sale from Thursday 20 April. Want to get your copy days before anyone else? Subscribe to Empire here.

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Salazar’s Revenge, meanwhile, arrives in cinemas from 25 May.

Gilbert's Girl

Unread postby Gilbert's Girl » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:49 am

Well thats confusing, why is it called Salazars Revenge in the UK?

coolcat328

Unread postby coolcat328 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:33 am

New still from Empire magazine

► Show Spoiler

Sweeney Todd

Unread postby Sweeney Todd » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:27 am

Pirates of the Caribbean 5: Will Turner’s son recalls first scene with Jack Sparrow

► Show Spoiler

One does not simply act opposite Jack Sparrow.

Brenton Thwaites, 27, grew up in a world where Johnny Depp’s Captain Jack Sparrow was an almost instantly iconic comic creation, a character pop culture embraced with open arms from the moment Depp debuted him in the first Pirates of the Caribbean film in 2003.

Now, Thwaites is the star of the fifth movie in the Pirates franchise, Dead Men Tell No Tales (in theaters May 26), but stepping up as Henry Turner, the new face of the series, means sharing a certain amount of screen time with the reigning one.

“My first scene with [Johnny], if I’m remembering correctly, was the scene where Henry is trying to convince Jack Sparrow to team up with him and find this ancient treasure that could one, help Henry, and two, ultimately save Jack — so, a lot of things going on,” Thwaites says with a chuckle. Backstory- and exposition-heavy scenes can indeed be tough for actors to pull off, but they were hardly the present daunting challenge.

“I just remember being absolutely terrified, like I’d never acted in my life before doing this scene,” says Thwaites. “I just remember thinking, ‘How am I going to stand there and talk to Johnny Depp for three minutes, opposite a character that I’d grown up with in my teenage years? It’s not going to be possible.”

Ultimately, of course, it was — and the actor even calls the exchange “one of the finer scenes” he had on the film.

Beyond the Sparrow of it all, the mere idea of being in Pirates was enough to evoke a certain giddiness out of Thwaites, but that joy is only compounded by the early praise that’s lauded the film for its return to the original’s romantic and comic (but decidedly not rom-com) roots. “It means everything, mate, and that was the goal that [directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg] were going for,” says the Australian-born actor. “That mix of darkness, adventure, love, and swashbuckling were something that none of us had really seen on the screen before, and it was so fresh and exciting and it was the goal for number five to bring all those elements back to the screen, all those ingredients that made such a tasteful cocktail in the first one.” All those, and rum.

DebbieJCDFan

Unread postby DebbieJCDFan » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:55 am

This part of Entertainment Weekly's article is horrifying to me... "Now, Thwaites is the star of the fifth movie in the Pirates franchise, Dead Men Tell No Tales (in theaters May 26), but stepping up as Henry Turner, the new face of the series, means sharing a certain amount of screen time with the reigning one."

Thwaites is taking over as the new face of the series??? For me, if Johnny is bowing out (or being pushed out), the series will hold no further interest! :smh: :no2: :mad: :bawl:
Wait for the Opportune Moment!
DebbieJCDFan

Return to “News & Views”